Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In April 2019, I took my car to the main dealer to complain about misted headlights. This was just before the warranty was to run out in August. They said the headlights were "self-venting" and it was nothing to worry about. Nearly 2 years later and it's still the same. These pictures were taken today after 2 hours driving on a reasonably warm and dry winter's day. I used to have this on my wife's KA but wouldn't have expected it a supposedly "quality" car.
DSCF2519.JPG
DSCF2521.JPG
DSCF2523.JPG
DSCF2524.JPG
DSCF2525.JPG

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,532 Posts

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,612 Posts
Never had condensation in My Non Bi-Xeon R171 Head-Lights, but had it a bit in My SLC the day I picked it up....!! Just get it now and again depending on the weather/humidity.

Think the electronics on the underside of the head-light unit mean the clear front is the coolest surface, so any moisture condensate's here....

One R172 member on here had rear bad condensation in His head-light and the dealer put some desiccant pads in the back of the head-light:

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,559 Posts
The Ford KA would have lights to at least the same quality as the Mercedes.
Don't be fooled by the three pointed star and the extra money you pay for one brand of car over another. Ford have a better reliability score than Mercedes.
Double check that the rubber flaps, I assume the lights have them or rubber tubes are clear.
If one light is fogging more than the other it maybe that the vents are blocked or the wrong way up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts