Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this tiny/minor crack on the bumper next to the front wheel well liner(hard to notice), I believed it's already there before I purchased the car, any suggestion how to fix it? My idea is to use gorilla super glue to glue it, and apply 3M Automotive tape to tape the back/inner part to prevent further damage, will this work?:confused:

Thanks everyone:Beer:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I had the same crack (although it was the tire store's fault) and it was repaired by an outfit that my local MB uses (paid for by the tire shop). Do a search on bumper repair and within the thread is a link on DIY for bumper repair.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Great to include fotos! Any damage underneath?

Not familiar with Gorilla - is it clear? If so should work. Tape is also a good idea.

I understand your reticence to take it all apart to repair it for something minor and out of view. We have a 4" crack that's under the chin and out of site - still wears the original piece of 300mph speed tape I put on it in OKC 14months ago.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,899 Posts
We had a crack in ours that the previous owner had used silver duct tape to hold together. A little tacky (no pun intended) for my taste so I cleaned everything up and used the 3M clear vinyl used for bras. No problems and invisible.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the useful information you guys provided, I will soon use 3M tape and tape it on the inner part! there's no underneath crack, just the surface about 1.5 inches long!

I'm glad to hear that many forum members had the same issue too haha! that makes me feel a lot better :)

Thanks etyu I just found the DIY information for minor bumper repair!

Wish everyone a great night here! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gorilla Glue may not work...

Hi,

I have a similar crack on my front bumper - fortunately it is hidden by the hood. The bumper is fiberglass and I tried to use gorilla glue - it didn't work, it didn't seem to form a bond. Maybe becaus it is fiberglass? So i scapped it all off and just let the hood hide it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts