Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if there are any fellow Minnesotans in here, I would love to pick your brains on whether or not you drive your SLK year round or not.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
search for them

tools
member list
search members
advanced search location/city state
hit search

·
95,102 Posts
provided they put their location :D
check 'last time on' column for recent visits

·
95,102 Posts
also remember you only have Total Posts: 4
you cannot send or reply to any private messages until you get to 15 posts

to get to 15 fast, do this:

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ryan, I don't know if you found your car or not but as a fellow resident, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Here's the scoop on driving up here in the winter. The pros. No starting or running issues. I've driven mine at 25 below f before (It's a little stiff to be sure) and it works well. Great heat and the heated seats, if equiped are wonderful. The cons. Wide tires, RWD and low ground clearance make for a terrible car in snow. You'll hear the argument that with winter tires etc they are fine but they aren't. Additionally, the older ones like mine are prone to rusting in the quarters and a few other common spots and with all the salt on the roads here, you'll accelrate the issue.

I drive mine in the winter when the roads are clear and free of salt slush. That means they there are weeks at a time that it sits in the garage but I think that's better for the car than a 6 month lay up. Hope this helps and I hope you found your ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts