Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian (@Ponia) set up a meet for Saturday that did not generate enough interest so it had to be postponed to the Summer. Here is hoping we do get more interest from owners in the NE - NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA/NH who may be interested in hanging around other owners in a summer meet-and-drive event.

However, since I was already scheduled to be in NY/NJ today, it was a great opportunity to meet another fellow SLKer in NJ - @KSand today. Thanks Kevin for your time and the excellent conversation and ideas shared.... The best part was us driving the other's car. That DTE+ pedal box set to Sport+ (Red) is the most aggressive and I think in retrospect, the setting that I prefer... >:D But for everyday cruising, the Sport (White) setting feels most fitting... Instant throttle response such as with this throttle module is how MB should have built/sold these vehicles.... With the DTE module, the car responds instantly, no lag and no twitch... just smooth acceleration. Very well behaved and a thrill to drive. Some will call it a placebo feel, but who cares? The car drives much better than stock with the module installed and I am excited to have the Piecha version on my car as soon as it arrives next week...

It was so much fun joy-riding both cars; just glad those NJ highway cops didn't focus their attention on us as we cruised past them a couple times... Kevin is doing stuff to his car in a very quiet and methodical way. I respect that... cannot wait to see his finished product. It will be "hot".... and rocking....:grin::x

Finally, also met up with another NE SLK owner Chris (@imagine), at a cup cake festival in NY earlier today. New owner who is beginning his mods... :tu: should expect to see/hear about these in a not-too-distant future... Chris, good seeing you today as well...

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/rocketace/media/NJ-meet-10.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/rocketace/media/NJ-meet-1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/rocketace/media/NJ-meet-4.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the awesome visit and making it all the way down to New Jersey. I loved getting to experience your exhaust setup and the conversations of future mods. I look forward to seeing you again at the next meet or event that comes up.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,906 Posts

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys need to park someplace else than where you did!

You are both welcome to drive to Floriduh on Oct 28th for our annual picnic!

Did you give each other a card?

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/50921-slkworld-business-cards.html
As you can see Jeff, the mall parking lot filled up pretty quick and it was a challenge to find two spots open side by side for our two cars. As for Floriduh, that would be something we will have to live vicariously through the pics of the events you organize and run down there. Wish we had such a vibrant SLK community up here in the NE as you have down south in Floriduh... But there are new owners jumping on board from the NE and maybe that will open things up around here some... we hope...

·
94,906 Posts
open invite

unfortunately, i've been watching ne for 11 years and they never have any

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Parking lot picture fixed

You guys need to park someplace else than where you did!
As you can see Jeff, the mall parking lot filled up pretty quick and it was a challenge to find two spots open side by side for our two cars.
Is this one more to your liking, Jeff? Hahaha. :laugh:

Attachments

·
94,906 Posts
Much better

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,086 Posts
Don't be disheartened by a poor turn out.

Some of the UK meets were like that but thanks to them being repeated
for those that bothered they have finally grown to a great size.

I get told by folks in my area that they'd love to have meets.
But when I put one on I'm lucky to get six turn up.

Keep going :tu:

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@b82012 great meeting up with you last weekend! Next time we'll all have to get together. I have a pile of mods piling up in my garage that I need to get installed in short order!
First, Chris, put your name on that June meet... then work on getting some of the mods on your car to show them off at the meet. You have about a month... better start now :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts