Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets see who all we have as a prelude to a future Mid-west get together. The location will be determined when we find out who and where everyone is located. My guess with winter setting in soon, it will be probably a spring thing. Please post here and we'll try to get a sticky to put the names in.

thanks,

Fast

Names so far, but not in particular order:

Fastdawg1 Columbus, Ohio
SLK320chick Chicago, Illinois
Sabre86 Cincinnati, Ohio
Gmon07280 Rochester, NY
Kuratsunade Shaker Heights, Ohio
Gregg Southern Illiniois

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Are we doing a half way to indianapolis for the ohio/illinois folks? I wonder if the illinois ipass works on those toll highways. I'll look it up eventually.

Let's get a poll going for a midwest meetup location shall we? I'll think about it during the week.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised there's not more folks that have posted so far. Especially with all the cars I see posted for sale in the Indy area. LOL, if I don't get luckier upgrading my car, I may be driving my 300S Chrysler there! :)

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I am a Chicago boy at heart and I drive there yearly to see family and friends. Indy is always on the itinery since my bestie lives there. So, I'll throw my name into the fray.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Lawrenceville Illinois (southeast part of the state...just Google Paradise or Boomtown).

Indi would be great.....centrally located easy to navigate and lots to do there. Have to say the Kemp MB museum and St. Louis would be a killer spot too. They LOVE MBs and have a great program there.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sounds kind of cool, but that's a 6 and a half hour trip on a good day. But the museum sounds like of good. I imagine there'd be a ton of MB's there so we may not seem so special.

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
I'm in Shaker Heights, which is one of the subs around Cleveland.

I go down to Bloomington, IN every other weekend to see my gf. So Indy would certainly be a good place to meet too.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We need a bump to remind people to check in here to register so we know they're in our area and can try to include them. Anyone can come, but we'd like to know who's all in our area! :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
That sounds kind of cool, but that's a 6 and a half hour trip on a good day. But the museum sounds like of good. I imagine there'd be a ton of MB's there so we may not seem so special.
I am fairly certain that if you have enough SLKs show up they would draw attention even at an MB museum.

I cannot commit at this time but I am interested in the meet. :Beer:

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you are in on the next one, the one for Oct 11, 2014 in the Hocking Hills? If so, you're in the wrong post! :) But that's okay, look in the midwest again and it's a sticky! It will be great to have you with us!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all! Just picked up a 2003 SLK. I'm in Columbus Ohio and the wife and I would be interested in meeting up and making new friends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts