Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice day for top down driving to Amish country in Berlin Ohio. It's a possible site for an October Meet. I saw an interesting sight while taking a coffee break, an Amish girl sitting in the coffee shop working on a Laptop! Lots and lots of buggies on the road, I saw them more than 25 miles south of the traditional areas. The buggies were very courteous and moved over and almost came to a stop for me to pass them, I was just as courteous and cautious with them too. I must have seen about 15 today, much more than normal. Incredible roads to drive, the Dawg had about 80 miles of good back road, curvies and ups and downs. Perfect territory for an SLK, even better than 43 in Indiana if you can believe that. You could really get after it with a 6 speed. The other pic is one of my wife (Mrs Fast!) coming out of a house/gift shop that's on the historic register. Perfect day!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As with all locations, there are some negatives, but really only one in that area, the buggies. But today was the exception not the rule on their presence. But it is something to consider and scout out. The place has an incredible amount of positives too though, great scenery, dining, country roads, and would be beautiful in the fall. Tours abound, and would be a great place for husband/wife/significant others to spend some time and money! LOL A farm tour is great, I've done one of those before, and I'm a city person. But again, it's another place to consider, not the last word or scouting place either. Just another place to think about.

Note: Greg, it's a heck of a lot closer to you too! LOL

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove the nice, clean, shiny Dawg into work today, the top goes down at lunchtime and on the way home tonight!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of things.

1. Yesterday my wife and I take the Dawg to the Dairy Queen for some smoothies, I pull up right in front and parked behind me is a bright but darker colored yellow Mustang Convertible (very nice car and color). My wife and I get out to go in and the Mustang has just pulled out and is right behind my car and stops, the guy says "Okay you win, your's is Prettier!". LOL, that was nice of him to say as his car looked really good too! Kind of makes you feel good as his car was rather striking.

2. Drove in this morning to work, 17 miles of rush hour traffic with the top down, the car said it was 68 to 73 degrees depending on the part of the city. Nice drive in!!!!! Very clear this morning and it's going to be 87 by the end of the day!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mustang convertible was one of the cars I was looking at when I went SLK. They make nice convertibles.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Dawg today, storms moving in. Going to enter a car show tomorrow, so clean up tonight in the garage!!!!!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rained most of the day, even wiped out the car show I was going to enter. Oh well, at least I cleaned the Dawg within a half inch of its life! It looks show winning ready!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice day, sunny and mid 80's, the wife and I took a beautiful 40+ drive after dinner in the areas south of Columbus. Picture perfect beautiful day, couldn't have been better if I had put in a request to the big man upstairs!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a nice little evening 8 mile cruise around town, figured I'd better get it in before the rains started again! Had to show the flag so to speak in my part of town! Figured people needed to see my Awesome Windrestrictor lit up! :) Note: I've now cleaned it up so the spots in the pic doesn't show anymore! Funny thing, Ice Ice Baby came on while cruising, so I had to turn it up too!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We took a nice, picture perfect day 150 mile trip to and around Buckeye Lake today. Not a cloud in the sky, 81 degrees. Stopped a local bar/restaurant there, the wife was a bit nervous about stopping as there were a couple of bikers there and their wives (I assume). We were in there about 10 minutes and one of the wives came up to our table and asked what kind of Mercedes the Dawg was. I explained the car to her and she was very nice and complimentary. Very nice lady, just goes to show about judging folks, I try hard to avoid doing so. She and her husband had a Karaoke business and were regulars there for business. She gave us their business card. Had a great lunch, nice conversation and a perfect day. Life is good!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Proof that the Dawg did make it out again this winter! Took the picture through a window in a small town restaurant, and it had some smudges on it (so I got a slightly blurry picture)! But it did get up to 50 degrees on Saturday, so earlier in the day, I did put the top down! By the way, the restaurant in Mechanicsburg, Ohio is really great and prices are even better. I love small town family restaurants! (it's called "Castles")

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Greg, You up for another try for a Midwest Meet this spring? Been thinking on it!

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
Nice one Dawg!

Unfortunately mine is stored in a very very very deep space, and I am unable to retrieve it, otherwise I would've been driving it! But instead, I drove my snow-mobile.

Attachments

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine's only 6 houses down the street, but waiting 2 weeks between drives gives me the shakes! But it only comes out if it's clear and dry. I did get in about 40 miles this weekend! Sure makes a gloomy winter day seem brighter!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts