Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fall meet for this year will be here in Ohio on Oct 11th, the area of interest will be the Hocking Hills and the surrounding areas. As we start building this meet, this first post will be edited a number to times to include the hotel information, restaurants, events during the day, and travel information. I will be working with Rodd Masteller from the Mercedes Benz Club of America Central Ohio Section (www.mbcacos.org). In my last conversation with him, he seemed interested in making this a joint effort so as to have more vehicles. This should make the meet very interesting with some of the other Mercedes mixed in. They understand we want to do the Twisty Road thing, so we may split off from the some of the larger group to do so. There are some fun roads down in that area.

So as this post continues to change and become more defined I hope everyone is patient and will start signing up. If the leaves start changing down there in that time frame, it could be a beautiful place to be! Hope to see you all there! Lets have a big MidWest SLK showing. Please start posting in this thread to let me know if you're planning on coming, and how many!

http://www.hockinghills.com/

Attending:
Fastdawg1 +1
Kuratsunade
boostmonkey
Gmonslk
Goldstartaxidriver

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to kick this thing off, I'm in with my wife or son! So there will be 2 of us! We will be staying Friday and Saturday night at the hotel. We will also be at the dinner on Saturday Night.

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
Dawg, you know I'll be there.

Not sure the exact plan yet, we may come and go as we did with the Indy one.

And good news, the car is in the shop for bumper and dent work. It is in the trusted hands.

Bad news is, it is going to run me about $3000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ooh! This sounds fun! Count me in. I live near Columbus and love driving through the Hocking Hills. I have an R170 that will not be lagging behind. We should drive the HockingRing - Car and Driver's semi-official Hocking Hills test loop.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,067 Posts
boostmonkey,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (year,ie 2007) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Update: ‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Your profile is NOT updated in your ‘garage’.

Then don’t be shy, we don’t bite. We want to welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooh! This sounds fun! Count me in. I live near Columbus and love driving through the Hocking Hills. I have an R170 that will not be lagging behind. We should drive the HockingRing - Car and Driver's semi-official Hocking Hills test loop.

Sounds good boost, I'll check that out. Glad to have you!

kuratsunade, it's always a pleasure, glad you're throwing in with us!

Gmonslk, it wouldn't be a meet without you!

Bear in mind, we will probably be working this meet along side the MBCACOS, so we will have a mixture of cars at the meet, but as far as the course goes, the other mercedes are welcome to bring up the back end. We'll work that out with Rodd from their/my group. I belong that that association too, but my primary responsibility is to our slkworld.com group. I should be having a meeting with Rodd fairly soon.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Dawg.....I want to wish you all a happy and safe fall meet! Your consummate planning skills will take care of all the rest.

Highly suggest that everyone within range attends....we had a fantastic spring meet...thanks to Fast.

·
Registered
119 Posts
May have to crash your party and attend. That is a beautiful area, been there many times on the motorcycle. I still have a house in the Dayton area, that my daughter and her family are in right now, gives me an excuse to visit.

Can't commit until the time gets closer, due to work travel requirements.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Car and Driver test loop looks to be pretty curvy, which for our cars works just nicely. The drive getting into there is also nice too, but I'll have to test it out in the next week or so. Here's the link to the map:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39.439738,-82.530626/39.439717,-82.530714/@39.430094,-82.521057,13z/data=!4m16!4m15!1m11!3m4!1m2!1d-82.531199!2d39.438636!3s0x8847eaee0707ed85:0xb96a54648fd58c3f!3m4!1m2!1d-82.541142!2d39.435145!3s0x8847eac02aac2c65:0x500f5dde15c30771!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e0?hl=en

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Car and Driver test loop looks to be pretty curvy, which for our cars works just nicely. The drive getting into there is also nice too, but I'll have to test it out in the next week or so. Here's the link to the map:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39.439738,-82.530626/39.439717,-82.530714/@39.430094,-82.521057,13z/data=!4m16!4m15!1m11!3m4!1m2!1d-82.531199!2d39.438636!3s0x8847eaee0707ed85:0xb96a54648fd58c3f!3m4!1m2!1d-82.541142!2d39.435145!3s0x8847eac02aac2c65:0x500f5dde15c30771!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e0?hl=en
I have driven it and can vouch that it is a great route! Almost all the roads in that area are awesome though.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Hocking Hills Meet-Up

We are planning to attend. We've been there many times and always loved it. We are probably going to get a room the night before.
As a side note: On the 18th we plan to host our annual cider making get-together. Typically we invite our Goldwing friends, the local Blue Knights Chapter, and friends from church. This year we'd like to include the SLK Group as well. Usually an all day affair, but you'd be free to come & go as you please Note: this does involve manual labor, no cider to take home if you don't help (at least a little bit).
We have some nice roads around here, covered bridges etc. I also have a route that I made up for motorcycles that is great in the SLK.
Let me know if interested.

DaveB

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great to have you Goldstar, I'm happy you're onboard with us. More details to follow!!!!!!!!!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't forget to sign up for the Fall meet, it'll be here before you can blink your eyes! (or eye, if you're Popeye!)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts