Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of any MB dealerships in the Midlands I could entrust to service my SLK.

I am in North Warwickshire near the M6, M69 and M42 so would not mind travelling within the Midlands area to use a reliable and competent dealership.

Car is still under warranty for a couples of years, so looking for main dealers.

Any experiences/ advice would be appreciated.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
I recently used MB Nottingham, you can get a discount (10-12%) if you ask the Service Manager Face to Face.
Although they are not great at Washing Cars after a Service, I did get a Merc' Umbrella as a sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I'm on a service plan, so discounts are no use for me. To be honest I'd rather they get the cleaning part right (along with the rest of the service of course). Any other suggestions?

·
* Registered
2013 SLK250 CDI
361 Posts
I'll watch this thread with interest as i'm due for a service in May.

I had my SLK from Inchcape Coventry, they seemed ok with a couple of issues i had with the SLK on inspection and fixed promptly.

Servicing is another matter.. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I'll watch this thread with interest as i'm due for a service in May.

I had my SLK from Inchcape Coventry, they seemed ok with a couple of issues i had with the SLK on inspection and fixed promptly.

Servicing is another matter.. Good luck.
We had our R171 serviced at Inchcape Coventry, and discovered that they'd left some of the old spark plugs just lying loose under the bonnet. Not very good, imho.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Where have you tried since?
We haven't needed to have a service since then, as we sold the R171 and bought the 32.

To be fair to Cov, when Pete broke the prop shaft bearing on the 32, they fitted us in as a matter of urgency to repair it, as we needed the car the following weekend.

They do also clean the car well after any work. :laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We haven't needed to have a service since then, as we sold the R171 and bought the 32.

To be fair to Cov, when Pete broke the prop shaft bearing on the 32, they fitted us in as a matter of urgency to repair it, as we needed the car the following weekend.

They do also clean the car well after any work. :laugh:

I must admit I used them a few times when I had the SLK280 and they seemed fine, but on the last major service I had done there, they didn't give me the print out of the digital service report and it took 8 weeks of hassle just to get them to send it to me, so I stopped using them. I know, a bit petulant and I should have checked for the DSR at the time, but after handing over £550, I expected a bit more.

And yes, they always seemed to do a good job cleaning my black SLK.

Perhaps I might give them another try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or perhaps not.

Phoned Cov MB to get the car booked in to have a look at it after the water temp seemed to vary to an unusual degree and all they were interested in doing was making sure I understood how much they were going to charge me to plug it into their diagnostic computer and seemed to imply the official AMG approved warranty I had was virtually meaningless. And they charge £30 for a loan car!

I'll give Inchcape MB Cov a miss. They were useless with my last SLK and seem to be worse now.

MB Tamworth were much better, happy to have a look at the car but quite a wait for a loan car.

MB Walsall were best, great customer service, good advice, concern about the car and a quick date for a diagnostic session and loan car to keep me on the road. If their work is as good as their telephone contact with their service department is, I'll be taking my business there in the future.

I'll keep you posted on my experiences in case it can be of help to others in our region.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just reporting back.

Took the car into Walsall Drayton Mercedes Benz last week and I have to give them top marks.

From the initial phone call to resolving the issue they were pleasant, helpful, and efficient.

Despite never having used them before they booked me in quickly to diagnose strangely fluctuating water temps, loaned me a car for 2 days, one day to diagnose, order the part and next day to fix. A fan sensor was faulty. Replaced it and I picked up the car next day, all back to normal.

All covered by warranty, no hassle, just very obliging.

27 miles from home, not too bad for me. Will be using them in future for servicing.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and help.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,760 Posts
Hi All
Jim sorry for the delay just got back from a 5 day tour down to the AMG factory. My Indy has just been sold to another bloke & im not sure I will be using him sorry.

Cheers

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.