Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
For any AMG owners interested in a Midlands meet later this year then please go to my thread entitled "Midlands AMG PL Breakfast Meet - JUNE 2016" on the AMG Private Lounge site (http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge).

Angelo

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I've responded to the PL poll and thread, and added this into our 2016 UK Meet Calendar thread too.

Looks like we have a VERY busy year ahead in the UK! :tu:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi to anyone watching this thread, the poll finished and the date has now been set as Sunday 5th June for this AMG PL meet.

Once I have confirmed the venue I shall again update this thread but I am hoping its going to be the Bulls Head at Coalville.

Angelo

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: dbgrn

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,760 Posts
Hi All

Just in case anyone missed the post on the AMGPL forum there is a local get together for AMG owners at the same venue turn up about 8.30 -9.00am on Sunday 10th April 2016 , 21 cars so far . Full breakfast about £3.99 per head .

Cheers

Andy

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,867 Posts
Just looked at the pics from the last meet.

Doesn't anyone make an effort for dirtiest car?>:D

I'd love to go to the June meet but it's a date clash.

Do AMG get PO'd if you register interest but can't make it?

With the swaps etc I've already pulled my odds are getting very low of getting anything in summer.
The only favour I have left is on holiday that week.:crying:

It'd be a fine chance to gather info on what upgrades this car may have whilst I await the log book (for previous owners address).

Flipping Ins Co have told me I have upgrades (or crash/stolen but checks out ok on this front) but claim they don't know what they are, just how much to charge for them?????

·
*Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
522 Posts
I'd love to go to the June meet but it's a date clash.

Do AMG get PO'd if you register interest but can't make it?

It'd be a fine chance to gather info on what upgrades this car may have whilst I await the log book (for previous owners address).
Flipping Ins Co have told me I have upgrades (or crash/stolen but checks out ok on this front) but claim they don't know what they are, just how much to charge for them?????
Myk,
If you say you're going to a meet and don't turn up, it's the organiser of that meet that's going to be upset about it, not AMG. If your plans change it's only courteous to let them know as soon as possible, after all, they're doing all the leg work.
As for the unknown mods on your car, if they're engine based have you thought of getting the car onto a Star or a Dyno ? Compare the results with stock and that'll give you your answer, and some written proof for your insurance company. :tu:

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,867 Posts
Myk,
If you say you're going to a meet and don't turn up, it's the organiser of that meet that's going to be upset about it, not AMG. If your plans change it's only courteous to let them know as soon as possible, after all, they're doing all the leg work.
As for the unknown mods on your car, if they're engine based have you thought of getting the car onto a Star or a Dyno ? Compare the results with stock and that'll give you your answer, and some written proof for your insurance company. :tu:
Appreciate the heads up. Wouldn't just not appear to any meet if promised to go.:wink:
The performance suggestion is on the list. I'm hoping the previous owner could shed some light, once I get the log book.
cheers.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,973 Posts
Just added my name to the list on the PL site Angelo. :smile:

I'll travel down from Glasgow on the Saturday and I have a room booked in Coalville for the Saturday night, so no dark o'clock rise for me. :D

Fingers crossed it's as nice on the day as the last one was. :smile:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For anyone watching this thread, I thought I would let you know that there are over 20 people that have registered to say they are coming along which means this meeting has qualified for Private Lounge support and for some free give aways.

There are also a variety of AMG's coming along, mostly SLK's but also C63's, SL55 and SLK32 so I would urge you to consider coming along this weekend as the weather is also looking to be quite nice.

Here is a link

Andy - have you still got the banner from the last meeting ?

Angelo

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,973 Posts
Just got to finish packing etc., and then that should be me on route to Coalville about 10am. Overcast here in Barrhead, but hopefully will see some sun on the way.

Catch you all tomorrow. :smile:

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,973 Posts
Arrived at guest house 18.30 .......... no one home!! :surprise:

Waited about an hour .... no one arrived! :surprise:

Sat in The Bulls Head eating just now .... checking on line for other accomadation for the night :frown:

Reactions: Avel Du

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
Arrived at guest house 18.30 .......... no one home!! :surprise:

Waited about an hour .... no one arrived! :surprise:

Sat in The Bulls Head eating just now .... checking on line for other accomadation for the night :frown:

Not good Davie. Hope you can find somewhere. Should be some places to stay in Loughborough I would of thought?!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.