Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how easy (or not) these are to remove and replace? They're the next step in my investigation into random door locking and alarm triggering.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd already checked the PSE unit and there's no sign of water, or damage.

We took the microswitches out, cleaned the contacts and swapped them over and I think (touch wood) it's nailed it. I've been out and about for a few hours this morning, no random locking/unlocking while driving, and I stopped and locked up at at least 5 different places, no alarm.

Up to today, it's gone off several times a day, quite randomly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used the tip of a penknife to put in the hole above it and levered it down so the top edge of the microswitch comes out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, i have problem also with the Alarm, when i locked my car after a few minutes the parking light will continue blinking, i check the PSE and no sign of problem or corrosion. What i do now, i removed the fuse for the alarm, i don't experience that locking and unlocking problem. Now i don't have dome light when i open the car, i need to turn the ignition to unlock the passenger door and the rear trunk thru dash central lock, when going on the car the passenger need to go out first then i will lock it in the dash central lock then turn the engine off before i go out and lock my side by key. Can someone help me to diagnos my car.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Hi, i have problem also with the Alarm, when i locked my car after a few minutes the parking light will continue blinking, i check the PSE and no sign of problem or corrosion. What i do now, i removed the fuse for the alarm, i don't experience that locking and unlocking problem. Now i don't have dome light when i open the car, i need to turn the ignition to unlock the passenger door and the rear trunk thru dash central lock, when going on the car the passenger need to go out first then i will lock it in the dash central lock then turn the engine off before i go out and lock my side by key. Can someone help me to diagnos my car.
Which fuse did you remove?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.