Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the 2 metal clips that holds the MAF sensor of my 1999 SLK230 has disappeared and I can't keep my MAF sensor in place. Yes, I checked to see if it got caught somewhere or in the belly pan. This is such a simple part, but I can't find one and I'm not quite sure what to call it. Any leads? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Salvage yard. I use LQK online. You can choose model of car and input specific parts. I doubt you'll find that clip, but you may be able to buy a used MAF sensor that has clips on it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Find out/figure out if that particular MAF sensor was used on other vehicles, models, years, etc. that will increase the number of candidates from which you may obtain the sensor, and the ultimate pearl, the clip.

I feel your pain brother I've screwed with 30-35 YO VWs for the last 15 years or so. Finding specific items like that can be virtually impossible.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
post your vin?
get your free datacard?
we get you part number
maybe it costs about $1 for the clip?

·
93,464 Posts
see the clip anywhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see the clip anywhere?

Thanks for the quick response with the data card.

The clips actually aren't shown in this image. They attach to a part not seen on this image, just below part 41 (the MAF sensor), and clip to the bottom of the sensor.

Figure 5 on Pelican's MAF Sensor Replacement guide points to the exact clips in question. I don't want to steal their image, so I just linked to their site.

·
93,464 Posts
I steal all the time

·
93,464 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I steal all the time
In that case thanks jbanks15 and Pelican Parts :)

The clip in question is one of the two metal clips with red arrows pointing at them. Pretty simple and the same or extremely similar to what's on many VW's and some other cars.

I'm guessing these clips are sold with the part below the MAF sensor and I'm heading to the scrap yard or hoping someone here has one from a parts car.

·
93,464 Posts
I'm sorry. i posted wrong pic :D

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If you're thinking it's the "same or very similar" clip used on VWs, I would suggest Parts Place Inc. out of Michigan. I believe they buy whole cars and then harvest salvage parts. It can't hurt to get an idea of what you need (vintage) and call them. A real person will answer the phone. Maybe you can send them a pic or a diagram of the part. They may have a drawer full! 586-757-2300. Or partsplaceinc.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
In that case thanks jbanks15 and Pelican Parts :)

The clip in question is one of the two metal clips with red arrows pointing at them. Pretty simple and the same or extremely similar to what's on many VW's and some other cars.

I'm guessing these clips are sold with the part below the MAF sensor and I'm heading to the scrap yard or hoping someone here has one from a parts car.

I'm looking for the same clip. Does anyone know what the piece they are connected to is called?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts