Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am listing the wheels seen in these pictures for sale on Ebay and Craigslist. I have all four USED tires but one has a crack in it that I don't think can be wielded. They were custom painted with a silver shimmer a couple of years ago and there is cosmetic damage to the three tires. So let me know if you are interested in these without the tires and center caps. I bought new ones and these are just sitting in the wheel boxes of my new tires.

Also, what would be reasonable to sell these for? I am so confused as to what would be a fair cost to list them. Should I just sell the three and give the fourth for free? What about shipping cost? What would you suggest for me to do to sell these and get them out of my garage? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The best place to get ahold of me is my personal e-mail at [email protected]. I will get it right away.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,204 Posts
you might want to post an email address or way to contact you

for those with not enuff posts to pm (private message) do this:

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know what the part number to these wheels are? I am having a hell of a time finding a description, specs, and cost of these wheels so that I can list it on Ebay.

This is so tough.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Check your owners manual. Specs of the wheels will be there.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Actually, quick google search shows this, which iirc... is correct

Front 17x7.5 ET37
Rear 17x8.5 ET30

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
I am listing the wheels seen in these pictures for sale on Ebay and Craigslist. I have all four USED tires but one has a crack in it that I don't think can be wielded. They were custom painted with a silver shimmer a couple of years ago and there is cosmetic damage to the three tires. So let me know if you are interested in these without the tires and center caps. I bought new ones and these are just sitting in the wheel boxes of my new tires.

Also, what would be reasonable to sell these for? I am so confused as to what would be a fair cost to list them. Should I just sell the three and give the fourth for free? What about shipping cost? What would you suggest for me to do to sell these and get them out of my garage? :confused:
:)A few suggestions. Very little value in used, factory wheels. Plenty of those wheels available, so they're not unique. You only have three and they have been repainted. Not sure of the color difference from factory, but anyone looking to replace a damaged wheel, would be looking for a factory match (style & color). Shipping cost, while not unreasonable, would only add to the cost and make them more difficult to sell. Bottom line, very little chance to make any money on your three factory wheels & tires (cosmetic damage to three tires). Your question, "what would you suggest for me to do to sell these and get them our of my garage"? My suggestion, advertise for free with local pickup, or donate to a local used tire dealer. Done and gone.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
"One has a crack in it that I don't think can be wielded. They were custom painted with a silver shimmer a couple of years ago and there is cosmetic damage to the three."

Sounds to me like you need to drive on roads with no curbs. LOL :tazz:

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"One has a crack in it that I don't think can be wielded. They were custom painted with a silver shimmer a couple of years ago and there is cosmetic damage to the three."

Sounds to me like you need to drive on roads with no curbs. LOL :tazz:
Yeah, no kidding. I am a woman and half asian. I live up to the stereotype. My boyfriend keeps me from driving too much because of all the damage I do to the car. :soap: At least I get it fixed right away. :Beer:

Reactions: raybonj

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:)A few suggestions. Very little value in used, factory wheels. Plenty of those wheels available, so they're not unique. You only have three and they have been repainted. Not sure of the color difference from factory, but anyone looking to replace a damaged wheel, would be looking for a factory match (style & color). Shipping cost, while not unreasonable, would only add to the cost and make them more difficult to sell. Bottom line, very little chance to make any money on your three factory wheels & tires (cosmetic damage to three tires). Your question, "what would you suggest for me to do to sell these and get them our of my garage"? My suggestion, advertise for free with local pickup, or donate to a local used tire dealer. Done and gone.
Seriously. They are so freaking expensive though. Gosh, maybe I can repurpose them and put them up on the wall of my garage as "wall decoration".:(

Reactions: raybonj

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Sorry to say these would probably not fetch much more than a few hundred bucks if they were in good condition. So in this condition it's going to be significantly less than that. And on top of that shipping these anywhere would be more expensive than the wheels themselves, so you really only have the local market of people that can come by to pick them up. Wall decoration or scrap metal...

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,
Is the lady in the picture for sale? Just kidding.
They are called Algedi wheels. They came in 3 colours/shades. Have just replaced 2 of mine as the paint had bubbled like you wouldn't believe - got these off ebay for 65gbp each new. They are readily available on the internet/ebay.
http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/slk_class_r170_alloys/17_mercedes_algedi_wheel_253

Hope this helps
Steve
You are too sweet! :biglaugh: I love flattery. I am not for sale :butt: but my wheels are. :burnout: If I had known that I could get them so easily, I would have got one more than get all 4 new ones that don't look as good as these.

I guess I will have a local pickup and post on Craigslist.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
158 Posts
+1 for the cute girl :)

As for the wheels you need to take close up pictures of each so a prospective buyer can see the damage and evaluate for themselves. There may be someone looking for a winter set specifically so their summer set stay pristine.

Also, tires are not wheels; tires go on wheels. Are you selling the tires with the wheels? This will likely only make sense if there is at least 50% or more tread left as the weight of the tires will add significantly to the shipping cost.

I'm not in the market but I spoke up as I did buy wheels and tires off this forum in August. I bought 17" 5 spoke AMG in very good condition along with continental contact DWS mounted with about 85% tread remaining for $800.
My guess is that with only 3 good wheels and in less than very condition these will be a tough sell. Specific pictures are key though, so I suggest getting those posted

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I recently sold wheels via the forum and the cheapest means to ship, I found was Greyhound shipping. They put them in the belly of a bus along their regular bus routes and schedule and you pay a fee by weight. Buyer picks up at nearest terminal. Worked quite well. Both seller and buyer were happy. Goodluck!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
849 Posts
Hi, I bought a set of 4 stock 2005 wheels so I can swap out when the curb rash gets too obscene. You may even consider keeping the stock wheels so when your current rims need repair you can take them in or DIY and still use the car. I git the set of 4 from a wrecker for $150. At that price and weight shipping would be prohibitive. Try craigs list or kijiji at $200 but I would keep a second set on hand.

G,

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are awesome! Thank you. They are still sitting in my garage. I'm not quite sure what to do so I just have let them sit in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.