1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Awaiting parts and notice from MB.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Great another trip to the dealer, eating up time away from family and work. Between Toyota and this I will have no life...

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,803 Posts
2007 - 2008 55's are on the list! :surprise: Will have to take Mabel to the dealers on Monday to check this out. :frown:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
2007 - 2008 55's are on the list! :surprise: Will have to take Mabel to the dealers on Monday to check this out. :frown:
Bit of a worry Davie, spoke to a Service Assistant at my local dealer who told me I would have been notified by now if there was a problem on mine. It felt like a general go away comment rather than an informative one. Spoke to Mercedes UK who said speak to your dealer. Not very impressed.

Let us know how you get on. Anybody else in UK spoken to their dealer?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Is'nt Iit typical to get the run around from dealers (and everyone else) in these situations? Persevere brethren and sisterene we'll make those dirty bastards pay (actually that's the very reason a process like this IS so slow)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Did they have airbags in 01.?:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
UK Update perhaps???

So when I was picking up my cup holder replacement cubby hole thingy from the local dealer, I thought I would bend the ear of the warranty / recall expert.

After a great deal of conversation, the bottom line was he was convinced that if a recall was necessary on UK 2007 and 2008 SLKs I would have heard about it by now. He did check if anything was outstanding on my car, it wasn't. He wouldn't accept the additional pressure on Mercedes in USA due to more likely litigation argument, and that the more likely explanation is that US cars have different spec air bags, for example because in the US you guys are not legally bound to wear a seat belt?

Am I satisfied with that? To be honest I am not sure. I not aware of any incidents in the UK.

I was really after a cast iron statement that my car had been considered and it was definitely not needed, rather than the general statement he could give. His view is that would have to come from Germany, but I would have to start with telephoning Mercedes UK to take it forward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Air Bag Recall

Yeah, I got a notice in the mail for my 08 crossfire last month
The notice also said that The Parts Are Currently Not Available, :confused:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts

He wouldn't accept the additional pressure on Mercedes in USA due to more likely litigation argument, and that the more likely explanation is that US cars have different spec air bags, for example because in the US you guys are not legally bound to wear a seat belt?

This statement is untrue: complete rubbish !!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,803 Posts
Just back from my local dealership. The girl on the desk stated that they had started doing recalls on affected cars and said I would receive a letter calling me in, if mine was affected. She then said she'd check with an "adviser", who checked my chassis number and said mine wasn't on the list and there wasn't a problem. This leads me to believe that some cars in the UK do have, and are being sorted.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Just back from my local dealership. The girl on the desk stated that they had started doing recalls on affected cars and said I would receive a letter calling me in, if mine was affected. She then said she'd check with an "adviser", who checked my chassis number and said mine wasn't on the list and there wasn't a problem. This leads me to believe that some cars in the UK do have, and are being sorted.
Davie, I cant help thinking that both these dealers are fobbing us off. Why should one dealer know about a recall but the other not. Are they coming up with their own way of getting us off their case. I'm going to phone the Mercedes UK customer services number I was given on Monday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I got a notice in the mail for my 08 crossfire last month
The notice also said that The Parts Are Currently Not Available, :confused:
I used to own a Crossfire. There are no replacement parts for these cars (reason I traded it in) because Chrysler/Daimler made this car and when they broke up they decided that Chrysler wouldn't carry the parts. I would have my German auto repair guy work on the engine as it was Mercedes as is the tranny but it's a parts bin car. Only way to get spare parts is to have a Crossfire junker. They are cute little cars but not practical...for me anyway....hope that clear up your confusion :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.