Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car transport cargo ship arrived at port Sunday night. I inquired as to when my SLC 43 would get through the VPC and on it's way here, and my dealer told me that Mercedes is preventing any of the 2019 MY cars from coming through yet. They said it will be held until mid to late august before it is released for delivery.

I find this very hard to believe. Why would they set a build date of July 3rd and allow you to order the car custom if they are going to artificially lengthen its arrival time by blocking its release from the VPC?? Has anyone ever heard of this happening or is it possible this is just a smoke screen to hide vehicle damage in transit?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
call mercedes customer service and ask

1 (800) 367-6372

·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I called their customer support earlier and got nowhere. They told me my dealership is the best point of contact, lol.

If Mercedes is holding MY 2019 cars at VPC until late august, it seems rather silly that they would build them in June/July. Should've just waited until early August to build the dang things. I get it if they are dealer inventory cars as the supply chain necessitates it. But a custom order shouldnt be built until you are willing to let the buyer take delivery. Sheesh.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
But you don't know what supply chain issues were present or upcoming
or boat schedules/room on boat

Did you mention my name when you called customer service?

·
Registered 1999 SLK230-sold
15,253 Posts
Did you mention my name when you called customer service

I did that when I called White Castle,s Customer service they hung up on me.:laugh::laugh:

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the original post:wink::wink:

·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I warned them that I would sick the SLKWorld forum ninjas on them. They were non plussed. I was stonewalled for about 15 minutes with repeated "let me ask my supervisor" statements, to which every question was given the same reply: "your dealership is the best point of conact".

Ermmm yeah the dealer that told me that they know nothing. I guess all I can do is wait, and if there are ANY signs of repairs (usually easy to spot) I'll just have to refuse delivery and order another, meaning my one-off color combo will have a twin out there. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,559 Posts
What was your original agreement and delivery date?
Have you paid any money, you want your car, your property, what gives them the right to withhold something you have paid for? (Obviously not handed over yet)

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,152 Posts
What was your original agreement and delivery date?
Have you paid any money, you want your car, your property, what gives them the right to withhold something you have paid for? (Obviously not handed over yet)
You can bet there will be a 'weasel' clause in the contract that covers delayed delivery.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,184 Posts
Maybe MB is not making their custom's duty payments promptly.

Regardless, good customer service (mostly lacking in MB world)
should at least offer an answer and not leave us hanging mid air.

Nothing angers us more than no response, or hand off answers.
They behave like teenagers with issues, because they are run by such.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,128 Posts
****PLEASE NOTE****

Political comments of any sort are not allowed on these boards.

Per FAQ:

No political threads! These threads tend to get out of hand really fast. There are plenty of other places on the internet to discuss politics.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,255 Posts
I warned them that I would sick the SLKWorld forum ninjas on them. They were non plussed. I was stonewalled for about 15 minutes with repeated "let me ask my supervisor" statements, to which every question was given the same reply: "your dealership is the best point of conact".

Ermmm yeah the dealer that told me that they know nothing. I guess all I can do is wait, and if there are ANY signs of repairs (usually easy to spot) I'll just have to refuse delivery and order another, meaning my one-off color combo will have a twin out there. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.
Next time tell them YOU want to talk to the supervisor AFTER they tell them what you want.

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
166 Posts
My updated spec SLC43 AMG (MY19) was also delayed for 3/12 weeks "at port"

I couldn't get an exact reason for it but the dealer said it was becasue new European Regulations require EVERY vehicle to have INDIVIDUAL emissons testing now as the "model average" in the brochure is not good enough.

I presume this is a fallout of the emissions testing scandal discovered in VW but actually more widespread....

Perhaps your car is falling foul of this despite being destined for the US

It will be worth it though - I am SOOOOOoooo please with my car.

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
660 Posts
I guess all I can do is wait, and if there are ANY signs of repairs (usually easy to spot) I'll just have to refuse delivery and order another, meaning my one-off color combo will have a twin out there. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.
My SLC 43 has a twin. I tried to order one from Dealer A but he refused to look up the body colored mirror option so I walked. Later, he figured it out and ordered the car correctly unbeknownst to me. I ordered another identical one somewhere else (long story). Dealer A's car came in first, so they called me and asked if I wanted it. Played the odds, I guess. Nope, gave my word to Dealer B. So somewhere in Dallas is a car identical to mine in every regard. Sold or auctioned off a month later. Some little old lady probably has it.

·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MarkChat - Is yours officially a model year 2019 or a latr 2018 with the 2019 spec? I guess it could be the emissions thing, but US emissions regulations arent as stringent as UK/Euro AFAIK so who knows.

I plan on going back and talking to the sales manager next week.

I am very excited and therefore very frustrated at the artificial delay, mainly because Indont want the paint damaged by bird drop etchings that will have to be buffed out (removing some factory clearcoat in the process). I will be going over it with a microscope, for sure. After my brief stint looking for a 55, a now know the 43 will offer everything I want and more, and its transmission is WAY better than the former 7 speed fitted on 2016s and back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts