Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my mercedes slk 320 2001 with me installing a kit i saw a kit online i think it looks really cool and just wanted to share too see if anybody had done anything like this thanks for watching!.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,023 Posts
Looks great! and yes, some members have done that.
Gonna move your thread to slk modifications section

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,023 Posts
Never a problem. feel free to pm me anytime you have questions

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why didn't you link it to the dome light wiring, you wouldn't need a switch, and the wire run would have been simple? Run from the dome light down the front posts on each side, through the boot in each door and you are in. Your logo lights would go on when you open the door, and shut off when your dome light fades out, (about 10 seconds). I haven't explored the door switch wire in the rear section of the door posts, (where the button switch is that activates the dome light), but I would imagine that you could tap into that and route it the same way as from the dome light also. You would just run along the kick plate at the bottom of the door frame up the front kick panel, through the boot and to your light.
I think the affect looks great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was planning on doing that but my alarm box is broken cause of water damage so i removed the fuze witch affects the dome light witch is why i didnt wire it in that perticular way i might do after i replace the box :)

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
18 Posts
I also did that to my 98 230. I have the Mercedes star with a red star burst around the star itself. It's nice additional light to have since there are no door panel lights. Looks good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.