• more than 700,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you have on your Benz? (looking for those with as many miles as possible, preferrably well beyond the 100,000 mile mark).

Also, what model Benz do you have, and what kind of repairs did you need to do to keep it running?

·
Registered
55 Posts
the GL320 CDI has just under 32k
the SLK320 has 42k
the E320 CDI has 77k
the E300 Diesel has 139k its about to get an entire engine gasket set next week

the grey 300D has 150k um, glowplugs?

the blue 300D has 198k head gasket & head at 70k
the 240D has 239k new master/slave cylinder & lots of rust repair

my 300SD had 244k

and my 300SDL I purchased with 587k and it died with 642k $29k in service records to keep it looking, and running like new!

both of my 126 died in accidents :(

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
The 09 350SLK only has 10K, but once upon a time I put 205K on a 240D before someone stole it....best part....the transmission was almost toast! I thought...sweet justice....darn thief got my Benz, but had to pay 3 grand for a new transmission!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
You need to post the opposite thread - the "lowest mileage" one! I think Woolly will win hands down, as he only uses his to heard sheep, but it's still a fun one!

I've got less than 30k on both of my SLK's, and about 25k on the C Series. My last C ran to about 50k before the fact that the steering wheel was on the wrong side started to complicate life and necessitate it's replacement!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm almost at 16k on my '07 280. Kind of sad considering I bought it with just a few over 14k what seams like a few weeks ago. Ohh well. I'm having fun.

The big question will be, keep it past it's mid 2014 warranty or not..hmmm. I'll still owe a little bit on it then, but should be in the positive equity. I'm not big on trying to pay cars off quickly, even if it's cheaper in the end. I'm more for going out to dinner in the new car rather then worrying about how I'm going to pay the payments :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
As of this morning: 158678 miles (nearly 254 000 KM).

SLK 200 Kompressor, bought new in 2004.

Apart from the normal servicing to keep it going, I've also had to replace the MAF and K40 Module.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
As of this morning: 158678 miles (nearly 254 000 KM).

SLK 200 Kompressor, bought new in 2004.

Apart from the normal servicing to keep it going, I've also had to replace the MAF and K40 Module.

:biglaugh:WOW, I believe we have a hands down winner. However, not fair if you also live in your SLK.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Ben C, welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from NE England.

Here are just a few easy instructions to make your membership a fun and productive experience:

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information. Click on ‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

The "Search" feature at the top right of the page is for searching the forum. Many questions have already been asked and answered by our knowledgeable members.

If you are having difficulty finding a solution, you can post your question in the appropriate discussion forum. By doing this, you should receive a quicker response, but please be patient as the forum is worldwide and members live in different time zones.

Private Message (pm) is a tool to communicate with other members privately for instructions or just chatting. In order to do this you must have at least 15 posts. It's easy to obtain the posts by clicking on the "New Members Introduce Yourself Here" section and just welcome the new members (like we welcomed you).

To post a picture, either start a new thread or reply to one, type what you want to say and click on the 'paper clip' just above, this will open a window to your left, click on 'browse', go to your pictures, and double click on the one you want to post, click on 'upload' and then 'submit' your post.

If you like a comment or want to thank another member for their post, there's a 'like' button to the right and just below is the 'thanks' button.

As a new member you can use the "New Posts" link at the top of the info bar. It's a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last.

When you are ready to leave the forum just click on "Quick Links" and click 'mark forums read', this will clear your screen for when you log on again.

As a member you have may vote and/or enter our Ride of the Month competition, we welcome new SLKs to compete and new members to vote:

http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

If you have any questions/comments please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you
Woolly
Founder / Super Moderator

·
Registered
46 Posts
211K and still rolling...

20130728_124027016_iOS.jpg My 1999 SLK230 had 202K miles when I took a chance on it. I love it! Nothing major so far - flushed radiator, replaced serpentine belt, new tires, new thingy that keeps the hood up, replaced a missing jack hole cover, replaced a broken trunk release handle. The top is temperamental but I've learned how to put it up manually in a jam.

I did a VIN check and the original owner had it until 2004 and put 157K miles on it! I bought it from the second owner who added 45K+ over an 8 year period and I guess I've added about 10K miles of my own. I garage it in the winter so I don't know how I got that many miles so fast!

If this one finally gives out on me, I will buy another one. Preferably a white one.

Dora:tu:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I have got an E320 CDI..was high mileage when i bought it, but it had lots of previous service history, and over £12.000 spent..i have since renewed brake hoses, front suspension, discs and brakes, and regular servicing, always passes its annual test,

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many miles do you have on your Benz? (looking for those with as many miles as possible, preferrably well beyond the 100,000 mile mark).

Also, what model Benz do you have, and what kind of repairs did you need to do to keep it running?
I currently have a 2001 Mercedes Slk320 that has 140700 miles on it and is still running strong. I had to replace the radiator, the drag link and pinion assembly, and might have to replace the power steering pump some time soon. The only necessary one out of those was the radiator; the others were just because they bugged me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts