Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Regarding the embedded video link......

I was taught by kind, gracious parents to lead a peaceful and dignified life, to always be considerate, helpful, and soft spoken. Those values have served me well over the years and I am truly blessed!

Although I recognize that there are situations which demand confrontation and perhaps even violence, the "Occupy" protests are in my opinion counterproductive and anarchistic. Clearly, the freedoms of individual citizens are being sacrificed for little or no gain. I'm saddened that the brand of car one might drive is even a minute part of this serious global issue.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Regarding the embedded video link......

I was taught by kind, gracious parents to lead a peaceful and dignified life, to always be considerate, helpful, and soft spoken. Those values have served me well over the years and I am truly blessed!

Although I recognize that there are situations which demand confrontation and perhaps even violence, the "Occupy" protests are in my opinion counterproductive and anarchistic. Clearly, the freedoms of individual citizens are being sacrificed for little or no gain. I'm saddened that the brand of car one might drive is even a minute part of this serious global issue.
Great post. Agree completely.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i'm just going to say that the "running over thing" was a bit premature, but that situation could have escalated very quickly with the driver getting hurt or killed.

protestor - hey look, im going to stop this car, he doesn't appear to be "one of us. Look, it's a mercedes, he's unamerican for driving an european car, not to mention must be filthy rich. He's probably a 1%er, so it's time to get even. And spirals out of control from there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to agree with Yall and to be honest if I was in that spot I couldn't hit em with my amg bc I would be scared I would set off my air bags... Brb with another video lol

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Does hitting the front bumper that lightly really cause the airbag to go off? Anybody want to give it a go?

-K
LOL - no. It takes about 2.5 g's of deceleration in < 20ms to trigger the airbags. It's a fake video, but still funny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts