Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have had numerous bad experiences at the dealership. I don’t think they are trustworthy in my opinion. I’m being very careful about what I say because I do not want to have a lawsuit pointing towards me. I purchased an extended warranty (service only) and have not been happy with the way I’ve been treated. “In my opinion“ I do not believe that they are forthcoming and honest with their work and knowledge. Should anybody be interested in specifics in the unlikely event that they are considering using them for anything Mercedes related I will be glad to tell you specifics. Again, I strongly urge you to look for somebody else to buy or service your Mercedes. :soap:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can you share some experiences? I was actually considering buying an extended warranty because my car is at 46k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,437 Posts
I have had numerous bad experiences at the dealership. I don’t think they are trustworthy in my opinion. I’m being very careful about what I say because I do not want to have a lawsuit pointing towards me.
Can you share some experiences? I was actually considering buying an extended warranty because my car is at 46k
@Mensra has been careful in what information has been made public.

The forum also has to be careful in what information is allowed.

We are all exposed to the law.

If anyone wishes to have details from Mensra, please discuss away from the threads.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,426 Posts
I've dealt with some truly terrible car dealerships in the past. I don't think it's wrong to share why you believe they are bad, that's what google reviews and the Better Business Bureau do, and they don't have lawsuits against them by dealerships. Bad dealership etiquette starts with bad management, and if no one brings it up, then nothing gets fixed and EVERYONE gets screwed.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,124 Posts
Then maybe we should just delete your thread?
after all...how many people on the forum, in your state, are going to read it and be affected and take action...Will the dealership lose hundred of customers? Maybe 5? 1?

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If even one person reconsiders them I believe I have done my duty. I am not concerned with being sued based on what I’ve written so far. Everything I’ve expressed is an opinion. One cannot be sued for expressing an opinion, one can only be sued if one posts a “fact“ that is proven not to be true. I have been explict that what I am speaking of is merely an opinion. Nothing I have posted is a explicit fact. Opinions are worth what you paid for them in court. In other words, I am not expressing my opinion as a “expert”, I have been very careful and just state that what I am speaking of is merely an opinion. Nothing I have posted is a “fact”. Opinions are worth what you pay for them in court. I am not expressing my opinion as a “expert“, Nor am I stating specific facts that can be objected to. I am not worried. As a matter of fact, anybody can express an opinion about a business, as long as there is no specific facts given, or an opinion given as if it is a fact.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,437 Posts
Even an opinion can be sued, but would probably be unsuccessful.

I think Mensra understands what my post relates to.
I'm just wary of others getting caught up.

I have a garage close to me that I would not send my worst enemy to.
But how I express that has to be carefully considered in a public domain.

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Since there seems to be a fair amount of concern, could you please delete the dealership name in the title but retain Columbia South Carolina? Thanks Myk

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,124 Posts
Can you post your negative experience without using the name of the company?
fyi...he is in south carolina as is company

1 - 12 of 12 Posts