Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hypothetically speaking the next SLK is most likely going to draw its design from here.

Also my only problem with this is... How do you open this (the doors) in your bog standard garage.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Also my only problem with this is... How do you open this (the doors) in your bog standard garage.
Unless your garage has 6' ceilings you should be fine. As for horizontal space, they use less than traditional doors. They should only need about 8" of clearance on the side.

I think it is pretty cool looking from the front. I don't like the back view.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't like the newest sketches. The exterior looks like your typical "concept" vehicle sketches, lots of silly lines that would never make it to production. I agree with another poster that it looks too much like a Nissan, although I do like the front grille.

The interior photos look fugly. Like a cheap Mustang. And it looks cramped.

I'm sure the Gullwing that actually does get released will make us all envious of the lucky few who to get to order them.

That's okay... I'm going to buy a Tesla Model S when it is released, which should be a bit sooner than the Gullwing, considering there is already a built prototype making the car-show rounds. I've already put down a deposit so no Gullwing for me! :(

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's okay... I'm going to buy a Tesla Model S when it is released, which should be a bit sooner than the Gullwing, considering there is already a built prototype making the car-show rounds. I've already put down a deposit so no Gullwing for me! :(
Don't they first need to build the factory to actually make the Model S? Last time I was in Tesla's showroom they said they were waiting to see if they will get any of that stimulus money for CA so they could build said factory. I hope they do, the Model S is a sweet looking car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.