Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK200
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried these, certainly look the business. Are they an improvement from mine which is a Feb 2000 model?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,258 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK230
37 Posts
Anybody tried these, certainly look the business. Are they an improvement from mine which is a Feb 2000 model?
I wish I seen this sooner, I have these on my slk230 they came with them with the guy who had it before. not sure brand or anything though. will get a picture soon. 2000 r170 slk230

·
Registered 2000 SLK230
6 Posts
As I read up on this I find two questions: 1. Has research found these to be the right ones? 2. How tough is the wiring problem?

A third question: An leakage problems?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,175 Posts
A third question: An leakage problems?
I bought Sonar Halo Projectors for mine .................

Absolutely no signs of leakage and I live in the the wettest place on the planet rainfall wise, (also the darkest place) ;)

The only issue I had was that when correctly aligned on Dip beam, the Full Beams were too high .....................

Patience, trial and error plus a Screwdriver and some small washers to pack the Full Beam reflector mountings so they angle downwards slightly was the answer, absolutely perfect now ;)

HTH,

·
Registered 2000 SLK230
6 Posts

Absolutely no signs of leakage and I live in the the wettest place on the planet rainfall wise, (also the darkest place) ;)

The only issue I had was that when correctly aligned on Dip beam, the Full Beams were too high .....................

Patience, trial and error plus a Screwdriver and some small washers to pack the Full Beam reflector mountings so they angle downwards slightly was the answer, absolutely perfect now ;)

HTH,

HTH,
Thanks -and Oregon weather is similar but for dry summers! New problem: Further reading fins that mine is a "pre-facelift" version and involves wiring problems. Ugh.

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,175 Posts
Just buy from MB Dealer the 2 plastic Connectors and the Terminals that go inside them from a later car, they cost peanuts ;)

They are listed as "Connector repair Parts" on EPC ;)

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
10 Posts
Look great you have to tie in the the halo Positive wire into a existing hot wire and I had to switch the turn signal plug in from my old lights about 1hr job and they look awesome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts