Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Premium Member
No SLK
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Saw a nice 200 SLC in blue with tan interior right inside the door at Mercedes Benz Loughton when I took my A250 in for its service on Tuesday (3 years free servicing so a zero invoice :grin:).

Its mighty fine looking car. I have always favoured black interiors in my cars in the past but this SLC I saw was the first to sway me towards a different colour leather. Don't know why they felt the need to SLC it. Its still a SLK >:D and, always will be....

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
391 Posts
At least this will keep the model alive - can't imagine an open top diesel! I get it if you do a lot of mileage though.

Interesting to hear their comments about sport plus mode and the exhaust note on the 43 :)

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
At least this will keep the model alive - can't imagine an open top diesel! I get it if you do a lot of mileage though.

Interesting to hear their comments about sport plus mode and the exhaust note on the 43 :)
99.9% of new SLK buyers in the UK are getting them as company cars. 99.9% of all company car policies state diesel only. So if you want something that's not a diesel warm hatch, the SLK(C) and Audi TT are your only real options if you want a quality car.

As you correctly point out, the only thing keeping the SLK(C) in production is the diesel market. Otherwise they'd have ditched the thing as too low volume years ago.

And you really ought to try one. You might be pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's almost eerily quiet after the SLK55 but on the motorway with the roof up, trying to have a conversation on the way to your next appointment, that's a really good thing.

And it's a SUPERB long distance tourer. In 2014 I went from Thetford to Roquefort in the deep south of France and back on two tankfuls of diesel. 130km/h almost all the way from the tunnel to the factory I was auditing and then back. 52mpg even with the roof down for a lot of the trip.

It's a really nice compromise when the 55 gets a bit wearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.