Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Boy MB responded very fast to the Audi news.:grin:

12:35 p.m. EDT August 18, 2015

MONTEREY, Calif. — Mercedes-Benz's U.S. unit is planning a big push to sell its AMG performance cars.

"Our whole approach on AMG is going to change," Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Steve Cannon told journalists at a luncheon at the Quail Motorsports Gathering here over the weekend.

Cannon says dealers are being urged to create separate areas within their showrooms to show off AMG cars, which carry higher price tags than the conventional versions of the same models. Sales people will get more training in the benefits of AMG models.

And, he added, "dealers are very excited." They should be: Dealers selling AMG are among the brand's best performers.

Mercedes' AMG line competes against BMW's M cars and Lexus' F Sport. All tune up their cars to give them much higher performance. Mercedes, however, has perhaps the widest assortment of AMG models, from cars to SUVs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I can understand having that 'special' spot in the showroom for the 'AMG expo' but I have been concerned for a while now that the 'AMG' branding is being steadily watered down with AMG being put on entry level cars such as the CLA etc. It used to be special owning a car with the AMG badge on, that is what I saved and strived for, now I see the badging on virtual every car and SUV in the model range and somehow feel cheated :crying:

The AMG should be restricted to the higher end range of vehicles and the engine size should also be a factor....I always believed that the 'AMG' was the V8 and V12 models.....not a twin turbo 4 cylinder:frown:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts