Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow (Saturday 20 Jan.) the Mercedes Benz Club of Thailand will have the grand opening of its club house here in Bangkok. It should be a pretty colorful event. It will start with the arrival of a few Buddhist monks. The monks will chant; following that the senior monk will apply five white dots to the front door which are meant to ensure that the club house will remain safe. Then the president of the Mercedes Benz Club of Thailand will cut the ribbon and the place will be ready for occupancy.

In America or in Europe do any of the Mercedes clubs have their own building? I think it is sort of unusual.

A few of the members of the club have some really nice cars. Here are a few photos from our club magazine, "Star of Siam".

Tomorrow, after the meeting I'll post some 'live' pictures.

Attachments

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
In America or in Europe do any of the Mercedes clubs have their own building? I think it is sort of unusual.
In Asian countries Mercedes benz is God, they get worshipped and specially treatment, simply refer to as benz with an emphasis on the Z. You get a BMW b/c you can't afford a benZ yet. :hail: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
i have to fess up here... when i saw the title of this thread, i did a double take as i thought it was going to be the floormat pictures...
:(
:tazz::biglaugh: I think corkscrew has rubbed off on some of us with the way we think through things. I think easty said it best regarding visiting corkscrew's web site...confused, yet strangly aroused.

::take that as a compliment, corkscrew::

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I love Classic Mercedes-Benz cars,

The 600 Paulman(spelling) 230,250 and 280 SL Pagode, 300SL Roadster and Gullwing version.

They cost alot :( , I was in search of a 230SL and they all cost expensive for a clean one.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Asian countries Mercedes benz is God, they get worshipped and specially treatment, simply refer to as benz with an emphasis on the Z. You get a BMW b/c you can't afford a benZ yet. :hail: :biglaugh:
I agree. And most people will not understand the attention a SLK200k gets in Thailand. In America no one really looks at my SL55AMG but here in Bangkok everyone admires the little SLK.

Next month my wife and I have to go to America for a month....I'll be forced to drive the SL55AMG while our little SLK200k awaits for us under a car cover.:Beer:

Oh well, I could have had a Dodge Dart sitting in my USA garage.:butt:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll be forced to drive the SL55AMG

[/quote]

...I´m suffering with you and hope that the time your'e forced to drive this inferior machine passes REAL fastR)

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be forced to drive the SL55AMG
...I´m suffering with you and hope that the time your'e forced to drive this inferior machine passes REAL fastR)[/QUOTE]

Actually, looking forward to seeing my SL. :burnout:

I hope it starts after all these months. I have had it hooked up to a MB charger. Last time when we left it alone for 3 months it fired up right away. This time we left it on life support for almost 5 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts