Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first MB dealer that i ever visited. I asked for a test drive on a car that i liked for about 30 miles. The salesman was horrendous. I felt that i was not taken seriously. He said that it is very unsual for people to go for that long a drive and it is usually a turn around the block. So went ack and forth to his manager to discuss this and finally agreed. Then realised that i didnt have a car to part exchange - Why?? . I explained that this is my second car and after a lot of fuss went for a test drive. Would have bought that car but was disgusted by his behaviour and decided to go elsewhere.

Been there subsequently for an MOT. My rear tires were down to 3.5 mm in the middle and the mamanger said that i will have another 2-3000 miles on them and by 500 miles they were illegal [not surpirisingly and i never believed him , so was checking tyre tread frequantly]

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
edit: Just seen the date, the first post was over a year ago. They changed service manager last summer before I got my SLK. A friend said the service is much better now.

-----

original post...

We got ours from Bradford (Stratstone). A couple of others go there and I've read good comments. Admittedly the sales were rather perfunctory, functional as opposed to difficult. Although the sales guy hadn't ordered the rubber mats like he said he would. Taken the car back twice to get brakes and self levelling lights fixed. Couldn't fault them, just had to wait for parts from Germany, but that's not the garage fault.

Anyway, just been for a third trip. Lights weren't levelling again, I popped in without an appointment and asked them to have a look so they could order parts if required and make an appointment. Not only did they look, but found the fault, "reset the levelling step motors" and now they work. Not bad considering I dropped in 10 minutes before closing time! Oh, and they gave it a wash as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts