Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just thought I'd mention that my wife's Smart (1.0 84 bhp turbo) is just in for some warranty work and the dealer has loaned us a B180 CDI.

What a nice little car the B series is! At least we think so.

John

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I agree! :tu: When we first got here before our cars arrived, we rented one (B180)...very nice. The diesel was pretty peppy!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Well it's nice that someone likes it. I'm not a fan myself, just didn't like the one I had as a rental car. It was a while ago though, 3-yrs or so. Maybe they've improved.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 180 we had was a CVT automatic which was quite pleasant for town driving.

I currently run a VW Passat 170 TDi as a company car. Nice car but my wife simply cannot cope with the electric handbrake.

A B200 would probably fit the bill for an everyday car when the time comes to change.

Regrettably, while I thought the B Class was excellent, this particular Mercedes dealer has been rubbish so far. The Smart's been to them twice now for rectification of a fault that sees the heater blower stop intermittently. I said I thought it was the switch.

The first time it went in (two separate days) they changed a relay. When I picked the car up the heater blower dodn't work. They clearly hadn't checked the job.

Car went in again on Monday. They ordered a heater switch on Monday, just collected the car today. Half way home, I discovered that the air distribution control was turning freely, i.e. not connecting with the mechanism. Result, heater only blows in your face. Again their quality control was lacking.

My apprentice mechanics could do better.

I never had this problem when I ran Skodas.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.