Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLS BE ADVISED THAT THIS VIDEO MIGHT WILL MAKE YOU DIZZY!!!! because he uses a forehead Cam.:laugh::laugh:

Auto-Top is an honest and pure car filming and testing company. We're not interested in eco & green (unless it's like, really superfast). Screaming exhausts, whining superchargers and blowing turbo's is what we want to hear! We review all sorts of performance cars. In the different playlists you can enjoy exhaust sounds, acceleration tests (0-100, 0-200) with launch control, onboard cams and the revving sound of each car. Exotic cars, hot hatches, power sedans. We have it all!

S

·
0 Posts
AMG is not an SLK - wrong area.

:surprise::surprise::surprise:
PLS BE ADVISED THAT THIS VIDEO MIGHT WILL MAKE YOU DIZZY!!!! because he uses a forehead Cam.:laugh::laugh:

Auto-Top is an honest and pure car filming and testing company. We're not interested in eco & green (unless it's like, really superfast). Screaming exhausts, whining superchargers and blowing turbo's is what we want to hear! We review all sorts of performance cars. In the different playlists you can enjoy exhaust sounds, acceleration tests (0-100, 0-200) with launch control, onboard cams and the revving sound of each car. Exotic cars, hot hatches, power sedans. We have it all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5r6aIHKj18

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,064 Posts
:surprise::surprise::surprise:
The SLK has been renamed to SLC
SLC 43, though not hand built engine, is still called AMG
to join the SLK 32 and the SLK 55 AMGs

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,473 Posts
Well didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know about this car but hey ho!
I think these cars could be a lot of fun as the reviewer found and I’d go as far to say I might even buy one some day despite the “not a proper AMG” image that it has.

Something I dislike about this kind of review is the fact that they usually have a massively specified car with many of the expensive options fitted.
At no point do they explicitly point out that these great options are just that! It is misleading to the uneducated buyer that might think all these toys come as standard!

I expect a lot of this stems from the fact that the reviewers don’t know and don’t care about what’s standard and what are options.

The reviewer in this case moaned a fair bit about the interior being dated. He only compared it to the recently face lifted C class.

By recent Mercedes standards the interior is dated but it’s still a fabulous space to be! Especially when you compare it to other cars on the market, even some of the most recent offerings.

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
647 Posts
Well poop. My SLC 43 order got moved back 20 days. March now. All I have is this video. :( Vicarious thrills...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts