Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A terrible crash took place at the Nurburgring! A Mercedes-AMG GT rolled over seven times after having hit the sidewall in a driver’s attempt of performing a fast lap.

The driver lost control of the car when he was driving at approximately 185 km/h. The microphones onboard captured the short conversation between him and his co-driver and it turned out that both of them were all right.

They walked out of the wreck themselves, even though the roof of the sports car, their helmets and headsets were seriously deteriorated. And so were the windshield and the rollcage of the car, which apparently protected them from being injured. The car is a write-off and the best it could do is to become a part-donor.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Glad they walked away, it's easily done on a Track Day though, more so at the Nordschleif, I spent a whole week there a few years back and even at the end of the week I was in no way familiar with the Track, very very deceptive in places :eek:

My lap times were nothing special, but I did get an awesome outright top speed, and met some great guys, so hope to go back there at some point :D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hopefully, Sabine will be driving.
If she makes pro journalists chunder, there is little hope for me.
The AMG boys introduced me to Sabine Schmitz and I got a real wild ride with her in her own GT3RS while I was there, she was talking me through a sighting lap ..................
She is one 101% Car chick who is real good craic, loves telling the tale how she scared the :poop: out of Clarkson :ROFLMAO:

Here is another wild ride, a V12 powered W220 Taxi y'all should get a go in if you ever go to Indiana USA ...............

Cheers Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts