Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my wife and I are from San Diego, CA. My wife is a hard-core benz fan. I pretend to be a BMW fan to tease her all the time (even though both of us never had benz or bmw before). We have started our research for convertible roadster and saving a bit for near future. Not to mention, SLK is our top-choice. Haven't decided whether to go with a used 2009 slk 350 or wait for some more time (to save more) to buy 2012 all new SLK :)

Joined here to see what's happening in SLK world!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Welcome from Carlsbad, CA. You'll find lots of great information and help from this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Welcome from San Diego! (Santee to be more precise). You'll have plenty of SoCal folks to interact with on this forum, so ask away. There is a big SoCal European car show @ Qualcomm stadium coming up in a few weeks which I'll be attending with other folks from this forum and others. Please feel free to join so we can meet and chat! Would be great!!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from central Kentucky. If your wait to save up to purchase a 172 is too long - I would go for the 09 and begin to enjoy it sooner rather than later; however, if you are talking only a few months, maybe it would be worth the wait to get a 2012. But I know which ever way you go, the new car will be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome from SoCal

New model = high/stiff prices

I've done it a couple times.. run out and buy the "new" generation of a car. Then I watch it plummet in value. Then I try to sell it/trade it in and find out.. they're now "a dime a dozen".

If ya just "gotta have it", be prepared to spend the $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Irvine. I've been very pleased with the 5 year old SLK I bought used.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada!

We're with Ponia... don't spend your money on depreciation with a new car (besides we think the 171 looks much better than the 172).

There are lots of great used 171s out there - use cars.com or autotrader or the MB CPO website to shop around. We love our 06, but there are lots of 07-09s. If you want some warranty protection, there are 08's coming back off lease that would be CPO'd.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That definitely makes sense guys. I am sure SLK 250 I-4 which is going to be released next year is NOT going to be any cheaper either. And I am not sure it is going to be as good as SLK 350 V6.

2012 SLK 350 is totally impossible stretch for us :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts