Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening All,

Was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the lumber support should be part of the seat memory? I seem to remember it was part of the R172 SLK 250 CD package, but it doesn't seem to be for the SLC 43 AMG??
(I couldn't swear that it worked with the SLK, but you can't help feeling for such an expensive optional extra, it should be included!!!!)

Cheers!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Just an FYI... the post-facelift R171 had motorized lumbar support as an option (part of electric seat package) for the non-AMG vehicles but not in the SLK55.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Evening All,

Was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the lumber support should be part of the seat memory? I seem to remember it was part of the SLK package, but it doesn't seem to be for the SLC??
(I couldn't swear that it worked with the SLK, but you can't help feeling for such an expensive optional extra, it should be included!!!!)

Cheers!
They are exactly the same seats, so if they worked on the SLK they should work the same on the SLC. I don't think it does on our 55.

·
Registered 2015 SLK250d
92 Posts
lumbar not part of memory function

Hi
Presuming seats are same as my October 2015 SLK, then the memory function covers seat base, seat back, steering wheel and mirrors only.
You do get a lumbar support when you have the memory seat pack, which is absent otherwise.

I was a little surprised to find that the memory position is not linked to the keys, as this feature has been standard on Volvo electric seats for at least 15 years.
My wife and i change cars regularly dependant on the journey, and waiting for the seats to adjust whilst holding the button can be a pain.

It would not be so bad if the seat did not adjust in such a strange order of things. My wife has her seat higher than me, but slides it back before exiting which allows me to get in without leaving my 'gentleman parts' on the steering wheel, so far so good.:grin:

Next the seat lowers to my position, which would force the backrest against the bulkhead. The clever car knows this so tilts the backrest forward. I am now bent forward whilst trying to maintain contact with the seat position button as it slides me towards the steering wheel until my nose almost touches it, :surprise: before eventually reclining the backrest to my position. 0:)

It was quite amusing the first few times, but is starting to annoy me now.
:frown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts