Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to take this moment to thank all veterans, past and present and future, for their dedication and love, their separation from family, and their love of country. For those that gave their lives, we can never repay you. For those maimed and injured, we pray for your comfort and safety. For those loved ones left behind alone, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The following is from a Memorial Day speech:

"Let me close with a memory from another war monument. This one is a British memorial in Burma, from World War II. It says so eloquently what I think we should all feel today. It says, "When you go home, tell them of us and say for your tomorrow we gave our today."

So today as each of you go home, tell them of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, coast guard and marines who are giving their today around the world for a better future for all Americans. And for a moment pause and remember those who had made possible your tomorrows. And from the memory of these honored dead, let us recommit ourselves to never forget the sacrifices of these fallen and of their families, and let us commit ourselves to renew our commitment to the values and ideals that have made this nation what it is today, the greatest nation in the world.

Thank you, and God bless you.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Impressive young man - I truly hope there are many more like him in every country. His heart is filled with honour and courage, those ideals the veterans of that special generation fought for.

Sign him up MSgt...

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe he will eventually sign himself up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts