Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The words 'hybrid' & 'ceramic' will be familiar & strike a chord with most car enthusiasts & Meguair's have been very clever or maybe just devious by incorporating these two words to introduce a new product.
I have little faith that a ceramic coating can be applied from a bottle but am prepared to be persuaded otherwise by those with NO connection with Meguair's.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Adams Polishes has a similar product. I was skeptical at first as well, but I do like the results. I also purchased their "Ceramic Boost" which you are supposed to apply every 3rd to 4th wash to keep the coating intact.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I actually tried the stuff, put it on the junker (Porsche). You have to be very careful about applying it or it streaks. I’ll let you know about the longevity when I wash the car a few more times.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I actually tried the stuff, put it on the junker (Porsche). You have to be very careful about applying it or it streaks. I’ll let you know about the longevity when I wash the car a few more times.
Agreed on the application. It is a learned process.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So far so good....

Did a complete wash, polish, then did the first application as per the instruction, which is apply, power wash, the apply again. No issues with streaking. Used a thicker drying towel than normal. Maintained the vibrance of the polish that has been previously applied. Left the car in garage overnight. Now await a rainy day. Am I expecting a ceramic finish? Not at all as the product doesn't say it will...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ceramic products are for real, but when mixed with a wax I am not sure. The ceramics are usually a liquid and come in a small bottle. I will be doing my car shortly, already have the wheels done. You usually can't go wrong with Meguiars though. Their good products are best on the market and their worst are usually at least average.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Amazon site sells the stuff & I read the readers reviews which are lukewarm & report little difference to conventional waxes. In all fairness not carefully following the application instructions resulted in some complaints.
Think I'll give the stuff a miss - seems too much like a fashionable gimmick to me. After all Meguiars & their like could be promoting Vegan Sustainable Green Carbon-footprint Free Bio-degradable Diverse Lifestyle cleanser next !:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts