Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know where I can find a Media Interface cable that connect between the MI unit and the glove box?? I checked on ebay but didn't find any thing. Local dealers wanted $170 just for this cable!!! and have to order for a few days??!!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
does any one know where I can find a Media Interface cable that connect between the MI unit and the glove box?? I checked on ebay but didn't find any thing. Local dealers wanted $170 just for this cable!!! and have to order for a few days??!!
Salvage yards should be able to pull one from a wrecked SLK.

When I was looking for a certain part for my SLK I contacted customer service at LKQ online (they have 100's of yards around the country) and asked them to provide me with the VIN for each SLK in all of their many yards around the country. They emailed the list to me and then I pulled data cards on each which told me which cars originally were built with the parts I was looking for. Then I call the individual salvage yards that actually had the subject car and asked if the needed part was still on the car.

Good luck.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interesting Mchild.. Thank you for the information... I will remember this info for the future upgrade....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts