Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The worldwide biggest SLK forum is possibly closing its gates at the 31st of December 2007. The admin announced that he lost his motivation and he wants to sell his yellowstone SLK350 and to overwrite the rights to another woman/man/group. MBSLK.de has more than 5000 members worldwide in the moment and has a lot of banners on its site. You find excellent informations about each SLK modell ever build (German language, Wooly :D) inclusive prices, options, inside and outside colors and interieur shots. A special rim catalogue with hundrets of different wheels is added with several instructor manuals too. If its down SLKworld will become the most powerful adress for SLK drivers in the world.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
The worldwide biggest SLK forum is possibly closing its gates at the 31st of December 2007. The admin announced that he lost his motivation and he wants to sell his yellowstone SLK350 and to overwrite the rights to another woman/man/group. MBSLK.de has more than 5000 members worldwide in the moment and has a lot of banners on its site. You find excellent informations about each SLK modell ever build (German language, Wooly :D) inclusive prices, options, inside and outside colors and interieur shots. A special rim catalogue with hundrets of different wheels is added with several instructor manuals too. If its down SLKworld will become the most powerful adress for SLK drivers in the world.

I am sorry to hear about this, Though MBSLK DE was a site I would visit regularly whilst ordering my SLK. I was torn to choose between Designo Mauritas Blue vs Designo Mocha Black. Wanted a Subtle car and choose the Mocha Black over Black and red insterts.

Honestly speaking, If I wanted to describe that website in a word it would be an SLK encylopedia. Many rare colour combinations and impressive gatherings.

Thank you for informing us Gero.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
It's too bad, I didn't know the German language, it would had been a site I would frequent regularly, I do sometimes check out their picuture galleries, lots of interesting pics to look through.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
any chance 'someone' could start archiving all the information down or saving the website offline so if it goes down it can reposted here?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any chance 'someone' could start archiving all the information down or saving the website offline so if it goes down it can reposted here?
Excellent idea. "HiFi/Telecom", "Test/Technik 170" and "Test/Technik 171" are very interessting, same under "Baureihe 171 and 170" "Galerie/Farben", "Felgenkatalog" and "Tipps & Tricks" on the left side. Sorry, my space is not enough and - I´m too silly to do that.

HiFi&Telecom - HiFi/mobiles/PDA/IPod
Test&Technik - technic
Galerie/Farben - interieur and varnish colors
Felgenkatalog - rims
Tipps& Tricks - how to do?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank you gero, I must imagine how all of those members will shift to the main MB forums.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
It's a pity, indeed.

I have been a member of that forum and community for four years.
Very nice events and meets that I participated.
But I think the main problem is that this forum is (was) a "one man show" on the administrative side. And after eight years this man has lost his interest even in this car.

I know that some Germans have a very ambivalent attitude to that forum and its community. ;)

But let's wait, the year 2007 has a second half.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pity, indeed.

I know that some Germans have a very ambivalent attitude to that forum and its community. ;)
Bernd, not to the forum, not to most of the members, just to the admin and some of his friends ;)

·
Registered
944 Posts
It's too bad, I didn't know the German language, it would had been a site I would frequent regularly, I do sometimes check out their picuture galleries, lots of interesting pics to look through.

There is a translation of the site to english. It's not very good, 'cause lot of the members don't write "high german", which means you'll find some german words in between and some sentences turned in side out,:tazz: but it might be a bit easier to understand than the german language:D:D

http://tinyurl.com/2m5fux

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Benutzt irgendein Körper den übersetzer an der Unterseite aller slkworld Seiten?
How dare you say that about Doug and Bubba, Bill! Dem's only rumours! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Benutzt irgendein Körper den übersetzer an der Unterseite aller slkworld Seiten?
Is anybody using the translator on the buttom of each slkword site?

The translation works :tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a pity...
But I don't understand German anyways so I think it makes no different to me.
Don´t worry, I don´t understand the most Germans too :bannana:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
That's a pity. I hope someone does buy it. . . despite Gero. . . lol. (only playin' with ya' bro, I know you mean no harm to the group as a whole.)

I know a few folks there that would be disappointed if it goes away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.