Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating it. Any experiences out there? Anyone know who volunteered to MBH to get the measurements right? Sound clip?

I'm having a track day on the Nordschleife with my brother around the summer. He drives a 2012 Challenger V8 Hemi, can't leave anything to chance of him being faster over there. The shame! :wink:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Call me cynical, but for their price, I cannot take these 'headers' on their own addition claims seriously. Sure the flow is freer - but it is only so in that particular part of the exhaust. So the limitation is then with the gas coming out and what happens in the middle and end of the pipes. As to the claims that EC is better than Kleeman and MBH is better than Renntech, I just do not see that such detail can be honestly measured - now add on a polished free flow head, take out the cats, take out the resistive silencers and flaps, then yes, I can see a huge difference.

Like the CDI engine above this post, your 55 has a load of torque that is being suppressed by the 2.8 final drive. If it were me, I'd leave the engine well alone - it performs well. I would spend my money on a Quaife 3.1 final drive that would take acceleration to around 3.9 (which puts the SLK into the seriously fast category) seconds and being an LSD, much of the power will get down to the road. Your top speed is governed and will remain the same with the only downside you will cruise at 33mph per 1000rpm instead of 36mph....

Yes it will cost 3000€, but compared to a $2000 prettily welded muddle of stainless tubing, you are buying a noticeable and measurable gain imo...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts