Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes Benz Club of America Central Ohio Section is co-sponsoring an Autocross along with Car Club At Ohio State at an OSU parking lot. I'm thinking hard about skipping golf on Sunday to do this. There will be another one in July too. If someone is interested, let me know and I'll send them the info.

I'm seriously thinking about the Autocross thing, guess I need to try one out to see how far I jump though. Anyone with experience?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
The Mercedes Benz Club of America Central Ohio Section is co-sponsoring an Autocross along with Car Club At Ohio State at an OSU parking lot. I'm thinking hard about skipping golf on Sunday to do this. There will be another one in July too. If someone is interested, let me know and I'll send them the info.

I'm seriously thinking about the Autocross thing, guess I need to try one out to see how far I jump though. Anyone with experience?
Not with the SLK, but I a/x-ed in '69(A-H Sprite), '79-80-81-82(Cosworth-Vega), 2008-9-10(Toyota MR2 Spyder). I always tell a "newbie" to start out "slow", as in don't try too hard, just get around the cones. Try to gain speed with each successive run. As far as set-up of the car goes, try adding 5psi of air in the tires over "recommended", remove ANY/EVERY-THING that can be removed to get the excess weight out.
Oh yah, one last thing...HAVE FUN!!!R):burnout:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts