Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MBCA KC Drive to Airline Museum

Our MBCA club in Kansas City did a Saturday drive to the National Airline History Museum. Weather was cool when we met at the Perkins restaurant, so top was up for the drive to the museum. We had about 15 cars present, a mix of sedans and roadsters. Our club president had coordinated a tour, so we spent three hours learning about some rare aircraft. Many of the planes were undergoing restoration, and a wedding was booked for that evening, so the hanger itself was in a bit of a disarray. The highlight of the tour was the Super Constellation, which the museum was finishing replacing an engine and other maintenance to return it to flight status. After the tour, four of us decide to have lunch. Temp was great, so top down to the Chicken & Pickle, were we sat outside and had a very enjoyable meal. Afterwards, top down, my lady and I returned home. In all, a fun day with fellow Benz owners.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,527 Posts
I live about 20 miles from Fairford so spend a few days at the Royal International Air Tatoo each year.
They had a Connie there a few years ago, awesome aircraft, especially when it’s dark and the flames from the exhausts illuminate the fuselage.
It must have scared the hell out of the first passengers to ride one at night.

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
15,101 Posts
Sounds like a great trip.:smile: LOL I have a picture of my Ex Wife standing in front of the same Connie at the down town Kansas City Airport from back in the days when they had the Airshow down there. I also belonged to the same Club about 25+ years ago we always did the Car Shows at the Plaza. Boy back in the days some of them KC MB Members have been so serious about there cars it was more fun to hang with people from the other German Car Clubs and they had better Beer too.:laugh::laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts