Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all today my CEL came on and I own a MBSTAR diag system , but I dont know how to troubleshoot CEL can someone walk me through the process thanks !

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
First thing I'd do is hook it up and run the quick tests - that'll show you ALL of the fault codes present.

You can then look at the engine specific ones to try and narrow down the cause of the CEL

Do you know how to use the kit ?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I have an idea Sean are you on FB or something if I have any ?s I can reach out to you? you have helped me in the past and It's always appreciated!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,289 Posts
Hello all today my CEL came on and I own a MBSTAR diag system , but I dont know how to troubleshoot CEL can someone walk me through the process thanks !
Connect your Star system to the car via the OBDII port. Select MB as the brand and then the model car and the sub model. Click on the Continue button is the bottom right of the screen and you car with the VIN should come up. On the left margin click on the stethoscope (diagnostic function), a couple of screens and you will have in the bottom of the screen F1 and F2. F1 takes you back and F2 takes you forward. You will go through a couple more screens and eventually get the the Main Group screen. The first item is Quick Test. That will query every control module in the car and report all fault including CELs. Go through the list of faults to determine what has set you CEL. Double click on any fault and it will take you to more details.

You may want to do the simulation mode in Star before hooking up to your car just so you are a bit more comfortable with what you are doing. Good luck

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Best to PM me - I'm flying most of tomorrow, but will be checking in between legs ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts