Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My first post to the forum...

Soliciting feedback on what your experience has been with getting service in the DC area is. I have been to the dealer in Tyson's (snobbish) and the dealer in Bethesda (awesome and free MB C-Class loaners!). But I also want to see what independent shops there are in this area.

Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks!R)

WILL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea. It is worth the drive to get good service. I have not heard or found any independents in my area (Reston). The search goes on...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used Curry's in Sterling when I owned a BMW and was pleased.
Will probably buy tires when these wear out from them via TireRack.
Can't speak to their MB service, they were good for BMW.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Here is why I take my MBs to Benz Elite Automotive...
I took my wife's car in to Benz Elite cos the AC totally went out. They called later telling me the compressor was leaking and quoted me the repair cost. I said fine. 5 minutes later, they call me back to tell me the car is still under warranty....

Then offered to take it up the street to the MB dealership!

Benz Elite is seriously one of the best indy shops I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
15 Posts
Manassas, VA -

Luxus Automobile, 9065 Liberia Avenue, Manassas, VA 20110. 703-361-0666.

Website at [email protected] details out what each service costs for many MD models. Iraj (pronounce E-raj) only works on MBs....period.

Not a fancy shop, but not a fancy price either :smile:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've visited quite a few MB dealers around the country in the past year. Here are my thoughts.

MB of Miami, FL........avoid!!! Purchased a CPO there and the experience was just, and still is, horrible. Perhaps they treat their high roller locals better than a small potatoes out of towner, but the other dealers I have visited have treated me great.
MB of Wesley Chapel, FL......excellent.
MB of Lexington, KY........excellent
MB of Albuquerque, NM.......excellent.
MB of Sioux Falls, SD........outstanding.
Aristocrat MB of Kansas City (Merriman, KS).....outstanding
MB of Memphis, TN.........excellent
MB of Birmingham, AL........outstanding

Why so many dealers in such a short time. Well I've taken two lengthy road trips through the west in the past year. Most of the problems were tire/wheel/alignment issues due to road hazards. Those darn run flat, low profile tires, alloy wheels are fragile. Other than MB of Miami, FL I have found all of the other dealers to provide top notch service.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
15 Posts
Independent Shop in Manassas, VA

I've been going to Iraj at MERCEDES-BENZ SERVICE. REPAIR. PARTS for several years. My 2002 SLK320 is my first "M" car. Not a fancy shop, but he only works on MB. His website shows the prices in advance for various services. The only drawback is he does not provide loaners.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG w/P30
102 Posts
I've been going to Drive European in Falls Church, VA for about 25 years. 30-A Hillwood Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046; Tel 703.536.4500. It's near the East Falls Church Metro, and they pick you up and drop you off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts