Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

New to the club.

I have a '08 CLK 350 Conv. Options list says I have UHI phone pre-wiring. Also have Ipod connection, 6 cd player. No Nav. Went to MB looking for a Puck and discovered I don't have the connector for it in the center console. I read somewhere where a CLK owner reported pulling out the rear interior panel in the console by removing 2 screws, to find a wiring harness behind, presumably for the phone. Am planning to take a look see.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? Also, I have been looking at the Itronic kit which appeared fine, but now I hear it won't operate the MB integrated mike, but you have to run a wire and separate mike to the sun visor, which I don't want to do.

Bush pilot:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
welcome from St. Louis. Funny, we have been here a short time, and both of us want the same info. Must be common amongst those of us late to the party!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
IIRC, model year R171 (at least, as mine is also model year 2008 US spec), the Bluetooth phone was a dealer-installed option. I do not know if it applies to the CLK though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for your kind welcome.

$1 000.00 later, I have MB original Bluetooth installed in my CLK ragtop, courtesy of a shop called Technicar who installed a MB unit I understand they get from Germany that is very neat, fits where the MB Puck would go and works perfectly.

For anyone interested in more info, the shop is in West Palm Beach. Fl.

Cheers.

Bushpilot

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts