1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,911 Posts
added date to title and stickied

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Last year's event sounded like a great day out, but I wasn't an SLK owner then... I've pencilled this date into my diary! :)

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
28th June is my birthday, and this would have been a great way to spend it, but we already have plans for that day. :wink:

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,697 Posts
i am in the mb owners club , do you need to register on that site or this one ?

cheers people :smile:

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,782 Posts
The MB Owners Club have announced that the second SLK day will be on Sunday 28 June at MB World, Brooklands. This was a fun event last year and we have put our name down. A bit early, but the weekends are filling up.

Ed
Ed

I'm a little confused, you're right, the Mercedes Benz Club's second SLK Day is scheduled to be on the 28th June but the event has not been finalised nor confirmed, nor the date released to Club members for bookings, either in the Club magazine or on the Club website. The Club events team have not asked for nor received any bookings for this years event.
Where have you put your name down and did you pay your entrance fee?
EDIT
As you were, I see Ian let the cat out of the bag on the MB Club SLK Forum........!

Frogfoot
This a Mercedes Benz Club event and bookings must me made through the Club.

TonyS

·
Registered 2004 SLK230K
567 Posts
Keep us posted , not sure about date as close to June's birthday so may be on holiday

·
Banned
974 Posts
Ed

I'm a little confused, you're right, the Mercedes Benz Club's second SLK Day is scheduled to be on the 28th June but the event has not been finalised nor confirmed, nor the date released to Club members for bookings, either in the Club magazine or on the Club website. The Club events team have not asked for nor received any bookings for this years event.
Where have you put your name down and did you pay your entrance fee?
EDIT
As you were, I see Ian let the cat out of the bag on the MB Club SLK Forum........!

Frogfoot
This a Mercedes Benz Club event and bookings must me made through the Club.

TonyS
Unless you are desperate to pose if you just turn up you'll be directed to the long narrow parking area opposite the entrance to the Brooklands Museum. At the last meet there was a huge line-up of SLK's that garnered the same amount of attention as the cars within the MB club dedicated area. The club displays, Mercedes World are all on hand and with the exception of Brooklands, free.

·
1,782 Posts
The date for this event is now confirmed as Sunday 28th June 2015.

This event is organised by the Mercedes Benz Club, the only Mercedes club recognised and supported by Daimler Benz AG. It is organised as an event by the club for Club members, who pay an annual subscription for membership which has a number of benefits. I shan't go into these here.
Booking for the event is through the usual MB Club system.
Mercedes Benz World is open to the public on the day of the event, so anyone may attend the site. Club members will have windscreen passes to Club parking areas and pay for the privilege, which we don't mind doing (it's a car club thing.....) public parking is in the car park to the left of the site as you approach it, outside the main entrance.
Of course if you are not a MB Club member and do not want to "pose" you can turn up on the day, and take advantage of the Clubs SLK technical sessions, free track time (if you can get on the track without a pass), "polish and show" event and special guests presentations (last year Stirling Moss).
Please don't feel aggrieved if you can't park with the club SLK display, including the long parking area opposite the entrance to Brooklands Museum (last year we had 120 cars to fit in somehow) because you don't have a pass.
Of course, you could attend on the day and join the Mercedes Benz Club as part of the experience, you never know, you may find it a rewarding investment.

TonyS

·
Registered
227 Posts
M-B Club SLK Day, 2014

Some pictures of the 2014 SLK Day at M-B World. It was lovely and sunny. We are so lucky in the UK that the weather is so predictable.

There was a - slow drive around the M-B circuit for the SLKs.

The car park was choc-a-block.

There was a range of sporting Mercedes.

Don’t wonder whether you should go or not:

Miss it and mourn. It was not only the cars and the owners to chat to and look at, there was an enlightening talk on the roof mechanism as well. They are a friendly bunch.

If your car's in any of the pictures, PM me for a full size image.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Unfortunately not able to make this due to other commitments... I hope the weather stays fine for you and you all have a great day though! :)

... what a great opportunity to share a few SLKWorld business cards too! :tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't find the detail for booking.
Not an MB Club member.
Came last year. Took some photos - if I get there this year and can get to a better position I'd take better photos of the portion of the parade which we are not in ...

·
1,782 Posts
I can't find the detail for booking.
Not an MB Club member.
Came last year. Took some photos - if I get there this year and can get to a better position I'd take better photos of the portion of the parade which we are not in ...
:surprise:
If you went last year you know how this event is organised, also see my post#11 above from February.......
......and you've had a year to join the Mercedes Benz Club.....
?????

TonyS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts