·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D

·
0 Posts
Totally agree on the front.

As i understand it the SLK AMG wont get more power until its next release.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front end reminds me of a cleft palette. Yuck.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I agree, that cleft is not exactly pleasing to the eye. Look at the bright side, though, our vintage SLKs will still be the best looking. :tu:

On another positive note - one thing I haven't seen mentioned in these articles is mentioned here (in German with some pictures of a white SLK) - the fuel consumption of the 350 goes down by 1.1L to 9.5L/100km, the one of the 280 by 0.4L to 9.3 and the one of the 200K by a whopping 1.1L to 7.0! These are pretty amazing achievements, especially considering that at the same time the 350 and 200K got substantial gains in horsepower.

·
Founding Member
828 Posts
Thanks for the scoop!

If this version of the SLK had been issued in 2004, I would have bought it, of course. However, I do prefer the 2004-2008 SLK. I don't care for the square exhaust pipes and the "harelip" front doesn't work for me either. It is still a great automobile, though.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looking at new pics I realize one shows the mechanism of "lumbar suport" (U22). I think it is an interesting extra for our suffered backs in long trips :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Looking at new pics I realize one shows the mechanism of "lumbar suport" (U22). I think it is an interesting extra for our suffered backs in long trips :biglaugh:
Is that a Designo interior?, I am really not sure because there is no "Designo" Plaque on the seats however the wood looks like Designo poplar ?:tu::tu: The car needs a golden exterior something like Designo Chablis or Designo Platinum black as I find the silver not matching the bright interior colour.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was concerned that the new car would have the 63 engine, which would've given me buyer's remorse for buying our 55 2008. But now I'm happy with ours after seeing the new "facelift" and the 55 engine. I don't like the new front and can't see much change in the interior.
Due

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I was concerned that the new car would have the 63 engine, which would've given me buyer's remorse for buying our 55 2008. But now I'm happy with ours after seeing the new "facelift" and the 55 engine. I don't like the new front and can't see much change in the interior.
Due
Same situation here, I am relieved knowing it still has 360hp and the same 5.4l M113 V8.

Enjoy your car:tu:

1 - 20 of 209 Posts