Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received confirmation this afternoon that Libby and I will be taking a ride up the hill at the Goodwood Moving Motor Show next Thursday in the AMG GT-S......
....booked through our local dealership.
Bring it on >:D
TonyS

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
16,102 Posts
That is just awesome. Remember to take Pictures and we expect A Christmas Card In The Mail from You and the GT S this Year.:wink::grin:

·
Registered Still SLK-less. Maybe one day ...
585 Posts
Congratulations to you both - that will be amazing. Look forward to a report and piccies. EVO were impressed with the car.

·
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks we're very excited!
Will get some pics and post back here.
Complimentary tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed - Moving Motor Show arrived today from the Mercedes Benz Events team. :bannana:

I don't think David Coulthard will be driving.......but here's his run up the hill last year in the SLS AMG Black Series.
55 seconds WOW!:burnout:

BTW It seems not many dealers know that they can do this for customers. Our local Dealer Principal made enquiries via a friend in AMG Promotions Dept. who then put him in touch with the MB Events Team. As he said "Mercedes-Benz is a very big organisation"!
If you want a ride up the hill next year in the latest piece of AMG erotica go and smile sweetly at your local dealer:smile:

TonyS

·
Registered Still SLK-less. Maybe one day ...
585 Posts
Do enjoy. I've been lucky enough to get entry tickets to the FoS on the Sunday for last year and this year from another manufacturer's draw.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,445 Posts
That's brilliant Tony! Doesn't matter who's driving, I'm sure you and Libby will enjoy your rides. :smile:

·
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! What a fantastic day! :laugh:
Weather brilliant, cars brilliant, atmosphere brilliant and met up with some old friends too which is always a pleasure.
As for the run up the Goodwod hill in the AMG GT-S, it was awesome. A big car compared to the SLK and heavier but very powerful, 550BHP I think, held the road like it was glued to it. Not sure how fast we went, I think we hit the first corner after the start at about 90, but seemed to easily exceed 100mph plus as we went on up the hill and it was effortless! Sounded great too but the drop head will be better still I'm sure when it's released in a year or so.
I've now seen the Flint wall at close quarters and high speed! A fantastic experience.
It was all over too soon :frown:
Here's Libby about to set off with her driver.......

She was interviewed by Mercedes Benz TV after her run so if I can track down a link to the video I'll post that too.

All in all, a day to remember for a long time.

Tony and Libby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.