Mercedes SLK World banner

How Long Before the MB Clock stops Working ????

• Less than 12 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than 3 Years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 3 Years

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a road trip to Inverness all day today, and part of it involved going to MB Dealership to pick up my parts order for my R170 V8 project :)

Whilst chatting to the fellas there, I remembered that I never ordered anything in December, and so never got my usual Christmas box from them, so cheekily I asked them if they had any left ;)

The parts manager disappeared and left me nattering with a couple of the other guys .........
He said he'd have a look, after a while he returned with a big carrier bag, for which I thanked him and went on my merry way. I didn't want to seem rude and open it whilst there, expecting the usual Diary, Pens and Mouse mats etc

When I got home this evening I opened it all up ...................

WOW ..................

3 Hats ....

A drinks flask ....

A Telescoping Magnet with LED Light, engraved with Mercedes Star Partner Logo ....

And a black box ....

Containing this beautiful wall clock, (unbeknown to them I collect Clocks lol), this will get pride of place in the new garage with my 2 MB Cars ;) ....

:D :D :D

I think I'll have to remember not to buy anything this coming December too ?

Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
It鈥檚 no more than you deserve.

Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guys,

A nice thing is Mel's Son is always taking the Grandchildren Camping etc, also they go to see the Mercedes team in action at various Circuits, so him and his partner will get the Flask :)
He loves Mercedes, has driven all 3 of ours, but they are a relatively young family, have good jobs but he can't afford one yet. Un-beknown to him I have left him my beloved and mint 34000 mile S Class in my will ;)

He absolutely fell in love with the V8 Donor Car S Class when he drove it up here, and out of all of Mel's and mine, he is the one who always does what he can, helps out the most ;)

When the 3 Grandsons were up here Xmas, one was in my Workshop, and asked if he could have one of my MB Caps, which of course I gave him, next thing the other 2 wanted one but all the other ones I had were dirty / old / welding burns .............

They are coming up soon so I now have 2 more Caps for the other 2. apparently the one that has his Cap already hardly ever takes it off ?

Ahh well, it's nice thinking of family, but I better be getting my SLK in, there's heaps of things to do before the big day, and BIG Brakes to trial fit etc over the next 2 days, sadly I can't leave 'em on because the Back-plates are grotty and new ones aren't here yet, but I'll do a full test fit of one front and one rear on one side of the Car ;)

(y)

Discussion Starter #8
6 6 19 :cool:

I think, like some other Trade Account Holders that it might have something to do with how much I spend per annum on MB Genuine Parts ;)

Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
Ordinary owners with service contracts pick up similar goodies.
Just not in one fell swoop.

All big businesses do this.

Discussion Starter #10
Even a little Business like me was giving every customer in December 4 big cans of De-Icer and a Scraper, with a "Thank You For Your Custom Throughout The Year" Christmas Card ;)

Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
LOL, I've just started a Poll for ya ;)

My 2 "freebie" Snap On Clocks and a few others I have, all have the same little Battery Movement, all have a new Battery Annually, ( I could almost tell you when the AA Duracell is gonna die), and they all keep within a minute or 2 of GMT Network time each year :D

IMHO if it works for a year it'll likely go on for many more years, like anything electronic .............

I never buy the "extra" Warranty on TV's, Washing Mac's, Cooker's etc, waste of dosh, if it's gonna go TU it will do so in the first year ;)

BTW, if anyone want's one of these Clocks for your garage, Den, Man / Gal Cave etc you can purchase them from the MB Collection, 拢22 inc VAT :)

Discussion Starter #13
As Title how long do you think it will last,

Options .............

Under 12 Months

Under 3 Years

Over 3 Years

Reactions: M4rCu5

@Dave2302
Stops working mechanically, stops working with the car turned off, stops working with the battery removed from the car...... ?

You could have linked this thread with the poll Dave; I now feel very daft after my very sensible question o_O ?

Discussion Starter #16
I did look to see if I could do the poll on this thread, but could't see how to ;)

I'll edit a link into the poll ;)

Reactions: M4rCu5

Discussion Starter #17
:ROFLMAO:

(y)

I didn't see that coming lol

The Wall Clock in this thread ;)

Can you please take a vote now ;)

Registered 2004 SLK320
LOL, I've just started a Poll for ya ;)

My 2 "freebie" Snap On Clocks and a few others I have, all have the same little Battery Movement, all have a new Battery Annually, ( I could almost tell you when the AA Duracell is gonna die), and they all keep within a minute or 2 of GMT Network time each year :D

IMHO if it works for a year it'll likely go on for many more years, like anything electronic .............

I never buy the "extra" Warranty on TV's, Washing Mac's, Cooker's etc, waste of dosh, if it's gonna go TU it will do so in the first year ;)

BTW, if anyone want's one of these Clocks for your garage, Den, Man / Gal Cave etc you can purchase them from the MB Collection, 拢22 inc VAT :)
The clock looks nice and I will have to look around the US MB site to see if it's available here. I was just thinking back on the older MB VDO clocks that are notorious for not keeping correct time or failing;)
Being what I presume is an Asian quartz movement you shouldn't have a problem, if like you said, it works for the first year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts