1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Overall shape and design (fastback) reminds me of the AMG-derived Crossfire SRT6....

Which is not a bad thing at all...

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Don't love it, don't hate it. The features I dislike the most are the side vents and door creases behind the engine, looks almost exactly like a Z4. I would also choose the N/A M156/M159 engine over a twin turbo setup.

However, it is nice that the top sporty car from MB is now more attainable. It seems the S65 sedan/coupe is the new halo car.

·
Super Moderator - DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Interesting ...

The back half has the look of a 911

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
The back end kind of reminded me of the late '70's Porsche 928. Also, where are the quad exhausts?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Haven't come across many comments from people that actually like the "iPad propped-up on the dashboard" design in most of MB's new cars. About as attractive (to me) as when I jam my Nexus7 into my ashtray so I can use Waze. I'm hoping this is a momentary fad/lapse of taste/reason that won't extend into the R173. Not a fan of the center console, either. I'd like to simplify my automotive environment... not fly a 747.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I really dislike the looks of the rear end. With or without the spoiler it doesn't seem to fit the front.
The view from straight ahead is awesome and I love it.

As for the interior.. I still think you can do a lot with the iPad in your dash, but the way MB incorporate it doesn't do anything for me. I'd prop it more in the middle of the console, as the stereo-front, rather than all the way on top where it looks like Dawg mounted his Legends-trophy on the dash.

But I've said it before and will say it again.. the main complaint is..:

The roof! You can't retract the roof! Who'd chose to drive closed on beautiful days when they can have an SLK and swoosh the roof away. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts