Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybach was launched with a flourish in 2002 when a helicopter plucked the first one off the deck of the Queen Elizabeth 2 in New York harbor and deposited it on the dock. Nine years later, the QE2 has managed to avoid the scrap yard, but Maybach may not be so fortunate. To compete with an all-new Rolls-Royce and Bentley, Mercedes-Benz rushed out two re-bodied S-Class cars, christened them with an historic German car brand, and priced them in the stratosphere -- upwards of $400,000. Even the super-rich could see through the sheet metal. A mere 20 Maybachs have found buyers this year.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I agree it's a somewhat odd car.

If one had that type of money, why not just get a V12 AMG S Class? It's 250k.

I guess some of the Maybachs are bigger though, extended in size a bit over a S Class.

The Maybach name probably deserved to be a car brand though. Therefore, if a market, even if small, can exist, I am not against it. I think the cars do serve an ultra luxury group who want to be chauffeured in a custom built ultra-luxury machine.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,285 Posts
Wolly the Maybach is fine abit short but still hot. Thank the Queen for budget cuts and been Evo friendly. How would you like to be James Bond after 40 years of service saving the world and you have to ride around in this. Trust me them hot spy girls will walk out on you when you tell them you got a smart car with Euro 6 Sticker on the windshield to get to HQ Downtown London. No matter even if it was Made in England working for the Goverment right now sucks . Here we go James Bond and please your English Film makers pls pls spare me. I will not go and watch Jb saving the world with a Smart car. ya know here in America we have Guys like Bert Reynolds driving a Trans Am with a Big Block Motor and a bad haircut try to outrun Doughnut Cops from the South and Midwest. Well James Bond that is real action:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/bilder-zum-aston-martin-cygnet-fahrbericht-1772710.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.