Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

May ROTM

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  addmoregas 
#1 ·
Welcome to the May Ride of the Month Competition!

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Congratulations to our April winner, @Luckyrat

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I've been on the forum for quite a while and have posted quite a few HOWTOs and DIYs, but figure it's now ready for a ROTM entry..

These are the changes and mods I've done (some exists as DIYs on here):
  • Blue LED star in grill
  • Blue MB wheel spinners
  • Fog light delete
  • AMG logo in lower grill
  • Yellow calipers
  • Yellow brake shields
  • Yellow brake hoses
  • Mate black badges on boot lid
  • Yellow defuser window AMG logo
  • Black painted bumper gils
  • SmartTOP
  • Android Head Unit
  • (A)gility mode on gearbox
  • YSR coil overs
  • Lowered (4cm front, 2cm rear)
  • Strut bar in front
On top of all the mods, it's also had some repair and renovations done:
  • All suspension bushings replaced
  • All wheel bearings replaced
  • Rear subframe checked and bushings replaced
  • 16 new spark plugs (Ruthenium)
  • 8 new ignition coils, including leads
  • New engine mounts
  • New gearbox mount
  • All new brake discs, including pads
  • Completely refurbished calipers
  • 80k mile love service (ALL oils, coolant flush, new filters, serpentine belt and tensioner etc etc)
I'd say it's now in absolute pristine condition.

I absolutely love this car :D. And so does my mother. So much in fact, that she threatened to disown me if I ever sold it :D :D. She's not even a car person..

First time, when I drove it home and got on the down ramp to the motorway, I floored it to pass a big lorry that was also on its way onto the motorway and almost soiled myself!

The absolute angry ROAR and kick in the back almost scared me to death. But I survived and I just couldn't stop giggling :). Like a school girl :D :D.

Just kept doing it over and over and over - slow down, go to the far-left lane, floor it and change to far-right lane. Over and over.. It was an absolute pleasure to finally DRIVE something that made it fun and interesting!

It's just such a angry lion in sheep clothing. It's dead quite, the power doesn't show itself. You can barely hear the engine running, even at leisurely pace or in town.

It's not until you put the pedal-to-the metal and then that old, angry lion makes absolutely SURE you know you're in deep water without a life west :). So to speak.. The roar overshadows even the wind noise and stereo.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light

#5 · (Edited)
First-time MB owner here. I am from the Greater Sacramento area. Bought the SLC300 last Spring/Summer. Zero mod. My favorite ride taken with the vehicle? It was definitely driving it up and down CA 1 (from Bodega Bay all the way to Mill Valley) with the top down. Perfect weather with just the right temperature mark, I couldn't ask for more. What a joyful ride.

Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

Sky Water Car Vehicle Tire

Water Car Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

#7 ·
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Plant
Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Automotive design

This is my new to me 2011 SLK300.
My mods are mostly estetic with the exception of a hitch to tow a small camper trailer (300 lbs)
I have added a carbon fiber star in the front, carbon fibre wrap on the dash, logo lights in the doors, carbon fibre film on C pillars, carbon fiber valve caps on the wheels, chrome lug bolts, Android Head Unit with CarPlay.
I love it dearly, but although I did 10,000 Kms since November, I haven't done any memorable trips, only what was needed. I didn't drive it through the winter so only when the snow melted. I hope to get away this week camping. The bucket list is long, but I lost my dad at the end of March, and now between COVID, war in Ukraine and our economy taking a dive, the future traveling is compromised.
I love the similarity with the SLR, mainly the front end and the fact that is a hard top convertible. This car is my teenage years dream come true. Better late than never I guess...

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
This is my 2008 SLK 55, I have owned for several years I bought it from the original owner a family friend. I’m embarrassed to say car has never been in the rain is only used in summer (I live in Michigan) and has 12900 miles on it.
IMHO it is the ultimate fun car to drive, I owned a C5 Corvette awhile ago and it was not a patch on this plus with the top out the wind noise was not good.

Car is stock except for Smart Top installed this year, no other mods and for this senior guy it is plenty fast enough. Can’t think of anything I don’t like I am 5’5” so it fits me fine. Love the V8 sound it produces, becomes addictive.

Thanks to All …Stay safe and keep on SLK ing👍

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

#10 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Motor vehicle

2009 SLK55AMG
Calcite White/Red/Black
ECU tune, TCU tune, Wavetrac diff, custom catless (downstream) x-pipe into custom catback, NeedsWings intake, H&R/Bilsteins, Suvneer Gen 2 spoiler, some weight reduction and other cosmetic stuff.
Super fun in canyons, surprises a lot of cars at stoplights, an absolute handful but great time on road courses.

Have some plans to mod further but need to get more tire out back.

Cheers,

Ronnie @addmoregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.