Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
All the SLK
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the May Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
*Registered
2018 SLC43, 2016 SLC250D
214 Posts
Thought I’d enter mine in all its finery.
Smart Top.
Enjoyed drive home after purchasing in Harrogate and driving home to Saxmundham, glorious day with roof down, remember being so wary of everything around me though!
It’s a ‘smile a day’ ride, love it.

·
*Premium Member
1996 SLK230
383 Posts
Hi folks, here's my kleine deutsche Dame.

When I bought her, it already had aftermarket Brabus rollover bars, had been lowered and had the AMG body kit.
Additionally I have made the following modifications:
  • Removed the catalytic converter (straight piped).
  • Repainted and clear-coated all of the interior plastics.
  • Created a custom fascia for the front middle console.
  • Fitted a double-din stereo and hooked up a reversing camera to it.
  • Because she suffers from the common worn-out gear selector reverse light issue, I wired up my reversing lights on a switch in the cabin which also turns on the reversing monitor on the stereo. There's also a piezo buzzer which reminds me I've got those lights on.
  • Made a custom drinks holder in the center console, and also fitted an electrical distribution setup in there to hook up other electronics in the future.
  • Wired in some red LEDs into the center console.
  • Wired in some Bluetooth LEDs under the dash on both sides.
  • Wired up the rear windows on a switch so they can be controlled independently of the roof.
  • Replaced the cigar lighter with a dual-USB outlet.
  • Because the previous owner lost the key with the electronics in it and wasn't able to remotely lock the car, I fitted a 433Mhz reciever into the door locking system which allows me to remotely lock the car. No unlock... still working on that ;-)

My favourite moment is a tough one to pick between the first time I drove her top down, wind in my ... eyes (cos I ain't got no hair).... or after I had replaced all of the hydraulic rams and had a fully functional, non-hydraulic-leaking, roof.

Thanks for taking the time to check her out.

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK320
66 Posts
I have owned this R170 SLK 320 with AMG sport.package for almost 21 years since brand new. It is preserved in original condition, and the only modifications are chrome star center wheel caps, a factory AMG rear spoiler, a new radio, and a headliner that had to be replaced.

My R170 SLK is proof that if you cherish your car from the start, you will have a survivor car that has not rusted away.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
30 Posts
Thought I would make my debut on ROTM, as a new 55 owner. Here's my beaut, upgraded from a 3.0 Z4 as I have always lusted after one of these. I've never owned a V8 before, and have always loved the American muscle-car sound. SLK 55 was in my dream garage from when they first came out, as the small-car, big-engine philosophy appeals, and I heard Jeremy Clarkson drive off in his after a Top Gear shoot (when they filmed the first car-boats challenge, near me, at Rudyard Lake)....
Anyway, he's an 05, with 90k miles, full Merc history, new subframe last year by Merc, X-pipe and 2nd cat delete, HK stereo, Xenons, air-scarf, Command etc. I've added an Air Blade mini (looks great, and surprisingly effective) and a Royals recovered steering wheel. I did the Royals thing on my Z4 and it was the single best mod I've ever done on a car. Considering the standard Merc wheel is a little thin, and after 15 years use was rather shiny, it's made a world of difference to my main contact point with the car.
It's in fantastic condition, fast as hell, and sounds like the devil gargling razor blades whilst trying to sing to AC/DC......
Oh and we've called it Richard, after Richard Rawlings from Fast n Loud because it's fast and.......well, you get the picture!

·
* Registered
2010 SLK 55 AMG
49 Posts
Here's my entry - introducing Fifty Five. What I love most is the colour, its Designo Mystic White, depending on light and time of day it changes from a white, off white to pearl silvery. Mods I don't plan on doing a lot.. I want to keep it as original. I have however installed the X Pipe and Secondaries. It sounds intoxicating. Loving it, the way it drives and its characteristics..Its such a playful brute! 😁

·
Administrator
All the SLK
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations to @Gerry Lachica ! He is our second winner of the Ride of the Month Competition!

Voting is now closed and we will be starting a new ROTM competition for June here

You can congratulate Gerry Lachica here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.