Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Are there any experts on matte paintwork care?

I am collecting my AMG SLC 43 next week which has matte paint finish

Been reading a few conflicting opinions on the web and I did contact 2 detailing companies in the Midlands as I am near Leicester; both of these had different views on paint protection !!

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi

Are there any experts on matte paintwork care?

I am collecting my AMG SLC 43 next week which has matte paint finish

Been reading a few conflicting opinions on the web and I did contact 2 detailing companies in the Midlands as I am near Leicester; both of these had different views on paint protection !!

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sounds like you've done quite a bit of research on this, so you probably know all the following already, but just in case .... I don't have any personal experience with a matte finish SLC43 (or any other SLC43 regrettably :frown: ), but I was admiring a gorgeous matte grey one recently at my local dealership, while waiting for my SLK to be serviced, and got to chatting with my service rep on this very subject, as I was curious how you take care of a matte finish. He told me Mercedes sell a special matte paint care kit which includes a shampoo, quick cleaner, intensive cleaner, and sealant. He also said avoiding even very fine scratches is super important, because fine scratches in matte paint can't be polished out like they can with regular paint, so always use high quality, very soft microfiber wash mitts and drying cloths.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts