Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've found TPI, Siemens/VDO, and Bosch brands, as well as the OEM MB part which is nearly 500.. uhhh yeah. So TPI is 90 bucks, anyone use this or the other brands? I was pretty sure the OEM part is actually VDO, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So far I've found TPI, Siemens/VDO, and Bosch brands, as well as the OEM MB part which is nearly 500.. uhhh yeah. So TPI is 90 bucks, anyone use this or the other brands? I was pretty sure the OEM part is actually VDO, I could be wrong.
I typically order my MB specific replacement parts from MyMercedesParts.com (They are actually out of Atlanta) and the listing I see puts it at about $250. Not sure if it's specificly what you are looking for since I've never had any issues with mine.

At AutohausAZ.com, a Bosch (0280217515) goes for $150. (I would suspect the OEMs are Bosch, but either way, for a German car, it would be hard to go wrong with a Bosch unit.)

I usually buy body and specific parts from MMP, and more generic parts from AAZ. I've had (multiple) good experiences with both suppliers, so if that is what you need, I'd probably go with the Bosch unit in this case. I would have just too little confidence in the really cheap parts, particularly in the sense of long term durability. (I'm looking at least to 2021!)

:Beer:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Lilred you're right, might as well do it right the first and not have to buy another later on. I went with the VDO from Autohaus, all three places you guys mentioned list it as OEM so that's that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.