Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me in congratulating the winner of our March 2015 Ride of the Month Competition, ApexAMG!!!

ApexAMG wins:
* A site badge for his posting profile/user profile.
* His car featured on the home page.
* A free premium (1 year) membership.

I wish to thank all of those that competed and hope you will enter the April 2015 Ride of the Month competition.
Any previous 1st place winner cannot compete again.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Congratulations, and well done... some great entries again this month! :D

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Very nice ride!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,986 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Saved By My ROTM

Hey everybody,
Thanks for the nice notes. It is with great sadness I share with you the latest picture from this week of my ROTM. It was a beautiful day and my SLK had been under cover in my garage for four weeks. I took it out to run an errand, had the top down, when I was hit head on at 50mph. Without being overly dramatic, my SLK saved my life.

My car was spun completely around with the impact, but the crumple zones and air bags worked to perfection. The steering wheel air bag hit me perfectly in my chest and shoulders, while the knee airbags kept my legs from being crushed. MB was on the phone immediately, calling 911 and my wife. Four police cars, two fire trucks and an ambulance later, I was able to walk away from the accident.

Needless to say, I am a big believer in MB safety. Really, really depressed about my car, but so thankful that I can begin the search for my next SLK55. Unfortunately, they aren't taking any more orders for 2015's, so may have to wait to order a 2016 (which will be an SLC).

Thanks again for the bittersweet ROTM win.

---Craig---

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you are ok. So sad about your baby

1 - 20 of 53 Posts